Skip to content

Fondest Memory of BGI?

2»

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Thinking Imoen would kill me, as she spoke a gibberish language for me back in the days. Fun times! :')
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Well, honestly, all of it.
    But to narrow it down a little I was always a big fan of the opening cinematic with Sarevok.
    "I will be the last, and you will go first".
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    For me, it was the epic warning that characters don't need to eat, but I do. Honestly, I cracked up because it's a serious game that takes the time for levity sometimes.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078

For me, it was the epic warning that characters don't need to eat, but I do. Honestly, I cracked up because it's a serious game that takes the time for levity sometimes.

Oh man, I remember that. That was great.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Actually I change my mind. My fondest memory is Noober.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Getting crit hit killed by shank the first time I played.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I found it really interesting that I still had most of the game memorized down to what people said after not playing BG1 for six years since I'd played it so much up until 2005.

I'm not sure what part of the game would be my fondest memory, but I guess just the interaction with some of the NPCs like Viconia and Minsc.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I'm not gonna lie; After seeing how far my mother and sister had gotten in the game (they both beat it), and how consistently bad I was at it ... eight years later finally getting to the great city of Baldur's Gate was awesome. I was so proud I had gotten that far in such a bloody difficult game.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    I think it was for me during my first completion of a game finishing the Cloakwood mines quest which launched chapter 5. Finally, I had access to BG city! I had been searching high and low for a secret way in, tried casting Friends on the bridge's gate guard, etc. Judging from the printed map that came with the game it was obvious that there must be a huge amount of interactable content there. And I wasn't disappointed once I finally made my way in and started exploring.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    The night essentially :-)

Night in the woods, with its horrors, lurking in the fog of war/ undiscovered area ;
    Night in the city, with its music, sound and graphical effects :)

What a nice recall :-)
  • GjallahornGjallahorn Member Posts: 1
    The wilds...roaming though the wilderness with my party..not knowing what might lurk around the next bend or hilltop.
    The way the music glided in together with the IG sounds together with the soft footsteps of my party-

Annnnd the massive heart attack when the "battle" music all of a sudden blasts out of the speakers :)

To this very day..I still slam the space-bar when I play other games, and I am taken by surprise...