Skip to content

make more Class and Race

lolthlolth Member Posts: 39
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
nobody can want this before ???
Give us more kits and subraces
hell yeea..

Comments

• lolthlolth Member Posts: 39
    and rebalance original kits
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    They must be rebalancing the original kits, surely. Having played Tutu there is no way the kits should be implemented untouched from BG2 (totemic druids anyone?). I haven't seen any info regarding this though, can someone please confirm/deny/shrug?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    By myself i think that they only should make new races if they add content to NPCs recognize the characters new races (and maybe even improve the specific banters for the old races).

I don't care much for new kits, yet some monk kits (mainly now that a monk of the shining sun is being introduced, are in order) sorcerer kits and maybe barbarian kits (just maybe) could be introduced also.

Kit rebalance is truly a need.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    There have been plenty of threads debating rebalancing, but so far, no official news whatsoever (as far as I know at least). Some people would like rebalancing, some people wouldn't, pointing out that the game is still hard with kits and such...
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    kamuizin said:

Kit rebalance is truly a need.

Most popular request... we meet again...
    Only peoples who want easy game with OP kensai combinations do not agree with this.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2012
    I think there's plenty of classes and races... I've been playing the game for over a decade and haven't tried out every combination yet by a long shot. The more classes/races that are added, the more you risk the game becoming unbalanced imo. Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II already rock - I'm just happy for the new NPCs and areas.
  • Jaxx86Jaxx86 Member Posts: 26
    kamuizin said:

By myself i think that they only should make new races if they add content to NPCs recognize the characters new races (and maybe even improve the specific banters for the old races).

I couldn't agree more. This is one thing IWD does very well. If you have a half-orc in your party, an enemy orc leader will ask why you're betraying your own kind. Little details like that definitely do not go unnoticed. It is extremely rewarding when an npc noticeably reacts to your character based on alignment, race, intelligence score (other stat), past quest decisions, or class. I can't imagine that a Blackguard would be received warmly by all. Yeah, if they added sub-races it seems more content to support them would be appropriate.

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    as far as i'm aware, all of this is getting attention. the only new (confirmed) kit is blackguard, rebalancing was vaguely mentioned in AMAA, and subraces were mentioned as post-ship feature (before delay).

let's hope these features will be in game at release.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited October 2012
    The original design of items was so shortsighted, they didn't foresee adding new races/classes/kits
    I'm talking about the usability fields that are already filled to the top.

Hopefully, BG3 will overcome these technical limits.
  • lolthlolth Member Posts: 39
    Hopefully
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    Edvin said:

Most popular request... we meet again...
    Only peoples who want easy game with OP kensai combinations do not agree with this.

No not really. Under the level cap of BG1, dual classing from a BG2 kit is not that strong. The popular kensai builds revolve around 9 or 13 kensai levels and then dualing to a thief or mage, this is not going to happen in BG1 without modifying the experience cap.

Kensais are incredibly weak in BG1, the lack of armor during levels 1-7 makes them super squishy. They are far from the strongest solo class in the first game.

And even if certain kits are too strong, no one is forcing you to play them if you don't want to. I don't see why other peoples games should be rebalanced / needed just to satisfy people desires to play gimped characters, which they are free to do so in their own games anyway.

Also the details for the new blackguard prestige kit have been released, and looking at how powerful that is, there is no need to rebalance the current kits from BG2. I also don't think that overhaul games are allowed to do that because it would be too significant a change which isn't allowed under their contract to remake this game.
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    Some of us just have fun killing shit with OP kensai
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    Padenton said:

Some of us just have fun killing shit with OP kensai

Yup. If other people dont like it then quit whining about how I play my game, and simply dont ever roll a Kensai, Swashbuckler or Archer yourself.

If kits are going to be rebalanced, then every kit should be bought up to the Kensai's level. Stuff shouldnt be nerfed just because some people are jealous that I can steamroll through the game after having already having played it many many times over 15 or so years.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I support a rebalance for kensai, cos many people want to play as kensai, they just don't want the game to be cheese with an overpowered class, only that.
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2012
    I would be supportive of a rebalancing as long as it was done fairly and not just a "nerf so and so" thing. This isn't a PVP game, it's not about competing with people, it's about enjoying the game. Let people play the game the way they want. Dual classes/multi classes/races shouldn't really be restricted I feel, regardless of whether something is 'overpowered' or not.
    For example, Yes, Kensai is overpowered a bit towards the higher levels(End of BG2, TOB). But it's also a piece of paper at earlier levels, especially in BG1. Kensai/Sorcerer were usually my go-to classes for my replays using the BGT mod. Kensai needs a real boost in the earlier levels, it's ok to make it overpowered (if you don't want to play overpowered, destroy your magic weapons, turn up the difficulty, etc.)