Skip to content

Question about the blurry screenshots...

2»

Comments

• TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
    I tweeted to @TrentOster asking if there would be controls over the amount (or type) of filtering applied, but did not get an answer.

No big deal, I'm planning to buy the game as well, but it's one of those questions that would be very nice to have answered. I personally hate a lot of smoothing/upscaling algorithms.

Does make me kind of nervous that we know very, very little about the iPad version (or even the Mac version) one month after the original release date and one month before the new release date.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Tarquin said:

I tweeted to @TrentOster asking if there would be controls over the amount (or type) of filtering applied, but did not get an answer.

No big deal, I'm planning to buy the game as well, but it's one of those questions that would be very nice to have answered. I personally hate a lot of smoothing/upscaling algorithms.

Does make me kind of nervous that we know very, very little about the iPad version (or even the Mac version) one month after the original release date and one month before the new release date.

I know as you would expect that those questions would of been answered long before the original release date. I thought the push back was to clean up loose ends, not continue making final product decisions.

• NightfallRobNightfallRob Member Posts: 43
    That blur/effect looks like what the game used to do to conceal areas you had not explored yet. And if I'm remembering correctly, it used to apply that effect to areas you could not explore as well as areas you could. You might pass through an area and see some of the walls or hills with a shadow/blur effect until you explored or passed by close enough to view them. Could this be just a standard game feature showing back up?