Skip to content

Finding Wilson

Okay, so I made a big mistake. I freed Wilson, but I thought I could wait until after he was freed to talk to him. So i got the beastmaster down to $500 and freed wilson, Only wilson ran off without letting me speak with him, so now I can't get the FInding wilson quest completed. i am bummed. I was hoping head show up at the wild mages camp, anyway, but alas he did not. So, now I guess I'll have to console command him in. I used c:createcreature("wilson9") and c:createcreature("wilson12") and neither worked. Any ideas? THanks in advance.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Reload from an earlier save? Should be autosaves around, and the new quicksave feature also stores like the last 5 saves.
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    If I recall correctly, he reappears at the Top-Left corner of the map you find him in. I don't quite remember though.
    Try "Wilson13"
    JuliusBorisov
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    You have to talk to Wilson before freeing him and then he will meet you somewhere in the north east corner of the map.

If you don't speak to him before freeing him he doesn't stay around.
    JuliusBorisov
  • tbone177177tbone177177 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you all. I do appreciate it. I'm not going to reload a save after beating all those monks. I'll try the console command.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    what class is wilson? Can it actually equip anything?

"I have the Pack and I have thee; and Baloo, though he is lazy, might strike a blow or two for my sake. Why should I be afraid?" (1.74)
  • GriboeGriboe Member Posts: 47

what class is wilson? Can it actually equip anything?

"I have the Pack and I have thee; and Baloo, though he is lazy, might strike a blow or two for my sake. Why should I be afraid?" (1.74)

Essentially a Kensai
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    For the future, he runs away to the point on the map at which you first entered. If you leave the same way you came it's impossible to miss him, unless you just think he's another bear and walk right by him.

I don't see why you should have to console him in or reload a save. Simply go back to the heretic temple and he will be there. That's just where he chills if you don't ask him to 'wait right here' when you temp-boot him from the party. He's like any other NPC that has a place where they go when they aren't in the party.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've done the same thing and fixed it by standing at the spot where you should meet him (the top-left corner of the map) and consoling him in, just as you wrote above. I don't remember which version of him i CLUA'd in, but I recall having to try a couple of different levels of him until I found the correct one. I think you are right that it's 9-12. He could then join the team just as if I had talked to him and all was well.