Skip to content

Throw Out Diseased Gibberlings

2»

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's not a bad idea. throw them out.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Honestly, I think there's a bug here. The spawns in ar2700 and 2800 generate gibber2.cre. However, gibber02.cre is unused - I think the spawns should be changed to gibber02 instead, and possibly that was intended. Only difference is the latter CREs actually have an attack (s1-2.itm) that causes 1-2 points of slashing damage. They'd still be complete pushovers, but not completely useless. What do you think, @Avenger_teambg et al.?

A neat "twix" (tweakish fix) would be to add to that attack a 5-10% chance to cause disease. :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I don't think it is broken.
    @Avenger_teambg - so you think they intended diseased gibberlings to do no damage at all? That's silly - they should have bites or claw attacks for 1-2 points of damage, at the very least.
    It has damage. s1-2 can be dangerous on hard difficulty levels :D
    Just try with an 1hp mage.
    @Avenger_teambg - look at gibber2.cre, not gibber02.cre. The former is what's used and has no damaging attack at all, like I said.
    Then i agree. I guess it was changed so noobs won't die too early :)
    @Avenger_teambg - Pfft, they can encounter non-diseased gibberlings and much worse straight out of Candlekeep. Official bug report is in order, I think.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited October 2012
    Have your Cleric cast CURE....

...then carefully re-release the Gibberlings back into the wild so they can run free and frolic among the squirrels.
  • Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    Upgrade them to ebola gibberlings!
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Meh.. I dunno. I, personally, don't think it deserves so much discussion. If you're arguing that they are weaker than wolves which you find in the starting area, or even an ogre, then by that logic the Nashkel Mines should just be filled with ogre-strength kobolds, surely?
    I'd just chalk it up to immersion building and enjoy the game ^^
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    If you're really that concerned with Diseased Gibberlings, there is a solution: use Cure Disease, then they should revert back to just plain, simple Gibberling. Sure you have to stock up your spells to accomodate it but hey...it's all for a good cause :)
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

immersion building

immersion building? lol?