Skip to content

List of Items No Longer Needed

Anyone ever put together or know of a list of items that you only need to accomplish one task and then you can sell or discard? Playing iOS so no way to mod an infinite bag of holding for all this stuff.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Most "special" items are one-time use and it's blatantly obvious. Keys open one door, that's it. Quest item X is used to complete the quest, and nothing else.

There are VERY few items you can use multiple times. There's the gem used to enter Adalon's Lair. The keystone used to enter WK. And the stone that makes the shadow dragon in the Shadow Dungeon not attack you.

Can't remember much else that actually has a use beyond the obvious one for the quest/story related action.

And there's definitely nothing along the lines of "oh remember that piece of moldy bread from dungeon A two chapters ago? Well you coulda used that here to get Ubersword Omega, sucks that you chucked it!"
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    One of the few exceptions to that is the Dawn token from the Shadow dungeon, which comes in handy when you need to resurrect your love interest. There are a couple instances like that, where it's good to keep items around, but not many. There may be one or two more but I don't recall at the moment.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited June 2016
    I use a cupboard in Adventurer's Mart as a sort of stationary bag of holding. Anything that I have no immediate use for but might need later (or I'm just not sure about) goes in the cupboard. Late game I transfer the stash to WK to a chest in WK so that I can access it in ToB.
    Edit: Likewise there's a sack in Beregost and a barrel in BG City that I use for the same purpose in BG1.
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2016
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Dunbar I use a barrel outside the Jovial Juggler in Beregost for the same thing - this barrel seems most accessible from a map-edge for easy access, although I would happily hear of better choices.

I also use this barrel to collect items into groups of 16 before sale - can't help myself min/maxing money that I never use...
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @GreenWarlock In Beregost I use a sack outside the house by Thunderhammer's because I always enter town via the Temple area. The reason for that being, travelling from the Temple always brings you into Beregost right by the smithy and there's zero travel time between the two areas, so you can rest by the temple if it's night time when you arrive and you want visit Thunderhammer (who doesn't work nights).