OKay, so I've converted all IWD divine spells to BGEE and BG2EE. My plan is to add them to the Faiths and Powers mod, but I figured why not release it as a standalone mod. So...
This mod will add and modify spells to the enhanced edition IE games. As of now,
five components are planned:- IWDEE Spells:
This component adds all unique IWDEE spells to other enhanced engine games ( both divine and arcane). The plan is to release this component in all languages supported in iwdee- New Spells:
This component will add new divine and arcane spells to any EE game. Shortly, I hope to outline a list of spells and their descriptions.- Revised Spells:
This component will make changes to various spells to either balance them or make them more broadly useful. The plan is to primarily focus on spells not addressed by Spell Revisions
. As such, the spells that will be primarily addressed will be the new IWDEE spells. That said, a few of the global changes will also modify some SR spells. Each modification will be offered in a separate subcomponent so you can just take what you want.- Zero Level Spells:
aka as Cantrips and Orisons for arcane and divine casters respectively. These will be a number of minor but useful magical abilities that casters can use pretty much at will. The idea here is that spell casters should, umm, cast spells. This gives casters something to do even when they are out of spells or the encounter doesn't merit casting a full spell, but you want your wizard to do something magic-y. - IWDEE/BG(2)EE Style spells:
There are a few spells that are implemented differently in IWDEE than BG(2)EE. This component will allow one to use the spells as implemented in the other game. See this
to see the differences (though, if you notice any others, let me know!)
On this note, I have noticed a few differences between summoned IWDEE creatures and their BG(2)EE counterparts.
- Shambling Mounds
: Are different between games. In IWDEE, their unarmed weapon have a chance to grapple opponents, and they have a lot more resistances- Ceremonies, Rites and Rituals:
Rites and Rituals are stronger versions of normal spells that have an additional material requirements. Casters cannot perform a Ritual or Rite if an enemy is nearby, and they burn slots as normal.
Ceremonies are special rituals that can be performed to produce special objects. This would be a much expanded version of item creation found on Tome and Blood
Right now, this is a mod that adds all IWD divine spells into BGEE, BG2EE, and EET I'm reasonably confident that
this mod is bug free,
the spells in this mod are functional, but please do report any bugs you find and I'll fix it asap.
I do also plan to add all IWD wizard spells to BG (etc.), but that's a longer term goal. I will probably add some custom spells eventually.
- Updated Exaltation, blood rage, Imp Sanctity of mind and Entropy Shield to new block system
- Fixed Shadow Monsters
- Fixed Recitation (though, still want to update 'friendly' bam
- Fixed bugs with Prayer and Recitation spells
- Other stuff (I accidentally deleted progress documentation...)
- Anybody that has the latest version 86 installed*, install this little mini-mod on top of it (titled "pr_rec"). It should fix the issues with Prayer and Recitation. Be sure to uninstall this mini-mod before uninstalling the main mod, however.
*Which was previously called 84a. I need to mind the gaps...
- Updated with a proper marker.
- (2017-03-11: Undocumented, but sometime in the past (?) I also added three 4th level wizard spells: Emotion: Courage, Emotion: Fear and Emotion: Hope)
If you already have this installed, there is no need to reinstall. Just place the itm file in the attached zip into your override folder.Version 0.84
- Added Acid Storm, Shadow monsters and Shades wizard spells.
- I am aware that I still need to add wizard scrolls. That will come when I seriously start adding wizard spells. Right now, I'm just doing the minimum for faiths and powers mod. Version 0.82
- Added 7 7th level IWD spells that I missed. Oops!
- Fixed a compatibility error with Spell Revisions. You shouldn't be getting those installation errors anymore.
- Some bug fixes
- Added an IWD wizard spell: icelance. I'll be adding a few wizard spells seemingly at random. It's not random as those spells are being used in Faiths and Powers. But, anyway, the plan is to add IWD wizard spells, so, I'm fine with that. Version 0.81
- Apparently, I inadvertently removed Whirlwind. Also, Spiritual Wrath was using the Whirlwind pro in version 0.80. That must have been interesting. Fixed
- Bug fixes
- Added a missing file for symbol, pain.
- Changed portrait icons for symbol spells to existing ones in the bg(2)ee engine. Version 0.80
- This one is all about the static charge spell. Added the projectile in secondary spell to make it actually work correctly (and not target the caster!), updated text notification to something less wacky, and sec spell rename to match default implementation
- Numerous bugs squashed
- Increased compatibility with spell revisions ( install after sr!) most notability, it will no longer install duplicate spells such that both the sr and iwd versions are memorizable (e.g. cause light wounds)
- Compatibility code for future, and in progress projects
- Updated secondary spells an icons to use the standard (i.e. the spell name + some letter suffix)
Links:Tome and Blood
IWD and new Arcane spells will eventually find a home in this modFaiths and Powers
Divine spells will go here. Spell Revisions
A great spell mod. I'll eventually create a mod to use these spells in IWD (as they are not currently available in that game). I will also work to ensure compatibility with this modhttp://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains
More inspiration (duh!)
Upcoming. Don't want to miss anybody...
Programs and websites used:
Near Infinity: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/30593/new-versions-of-nearinfinity-available/p1
ConText text Editor: http://www.contexteditor.org/index.php
BAM workshop: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/57564-bamworkshop/
Audio File conversions: https://www.zamzar.com