Skip to content

Best Weapon Profs for a BG1 Bard?

2»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @CaptRory, I agree strongly about the problem with kits in BG1, as they were all created and balanced to start in BG2. The bard, druid, and paladin kits are especially overwhelming in BG1 - for example, playing an inquisitor means never needing to fear mages anywhere in the game, playing a totemic druid would allow you to win any encounter just by summoning a spirit animal, (don't even get me started about a shapeshifter with immunity to normal weapons), and, as I've said, and more on-topic, playing a skald means nothing can hit your party members, while they hit everything in the game with ease.

I've read in here that BG:EE is going to nerf all the kits, but that they haven't yet solved the problem of restoring their high-end, basic abilities, and that they don't plan to until BG2:EE.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    CaptRory said:

The problem with kits in Baldur's Gate 1 is that the abilities don't start "Level One Weak" then step up. Like, look at the Cavalier. Immunity to Charm and Poison could easily start as a boosted save vs. Charm and Poison then graduate to immunity around lvl 10 after a few boosts to your save.

Or like, Priest of Talos. A free lightning bolt at level one? Could start off as a weaker lightning effect then click over to lightningbolt around the level a character could cast it normally.

Overhaul says they are rebalancing the kits. Hopefully the problems you speak of are among the things they will be addressing. I sure hope they are, because the balance of kits in BG1 is a concern for me as well.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Don't get me wrong. It's fun going "Hahahaha! Try to charm we all you want evil Sirines!" but it gets old~
  • IsairIsair Member Posts: 217
    @kamuizin @sandmanCCL I know about the shortsword pips, I'm just wanting to know about the longsword rumor.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    CaptRory said:

Don't get me wrong. It's fun going "Hahahaha! Try to charm we all you want evil Sirines!" but it gets old~

In BG1 the protection from evil abilitywould already protect you from charm !
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Yeah but it's fun just being Immune, for a bit. It's like other abilities. "Hahaha! Spiders can't poison me!" as my paladin just stands there and takes it while the spiders try their best to kill my guy while the party chops 'em to bits. Other kits are even less balanced at lvl 1.