Skip to content

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade spell slot bug -anyone know how to fix it?

noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
edited June 2016 in Troubleshooting
I guess it's pretty well known that the extra spell slots afforded by wielding Dak'kon's Zerth Blade are bugged and disappear when transitioning areas; but does anyone know a fix or workaround? I'm wielding it main-hand and still having that problem. I know there's plenty of hate on that weapon, but let's just assume I'd rather hear about possible fixes that will allow me to use it rather than "o that blade is gai u should just use staff of magi" or something like that.
Thanks! :smiley:
Post edited by noctem93 on

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Hey, can you post a screenshot before and after the bug takes place?
  • noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
    Hmm... well... oddly, now it seems to have stopped behaving that way. I just quit my current game then re-loaded, and now the spell slot is gone. So apparently it isn't from moving between maps after all, it looks like it has to do with exiting the game.
    edited June 2016
    @RelSundan Here you go!
    Before exiting-

After exiting-

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2016
    That is wierd. Are you equiping it in your main or off-hand? Do you have any other weapons in your primary slots?
    Post edited by RelSundan on
    Main hand, but I am dual-wielding with something else in my off-hand. I'll try unequipping the off-hand weapon and see if that fixes this.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Do you use auto-pause:spell cast and any of the spells mentioned in http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/23989

(having a ranged weapon such as Azuredge equipped that you right-click to switch between melee and ranged properties would be another option, but not if you've got the katana as the main weapon)
    @Gate70 -Thanks for that link! Makes perfect sense that casting a spell that would create a magic weapon that temporarily "replaces" your normal weapon would cause that.
    As an update, I no longer have the problem because my home-made DZ katana is kaput. The description just says "Invalid: 58659" and it's just a +1 Katana now. I don't know when that changed, and I don't have the time this morning to play around with it; but my hunch is that's why the spell slots disappeared when I quit and re-entered the game, I bet the katana stopped functioning properly.
    I'll test it more over the weekend and see if I can fix it. This is my first attempt at modding, and I knew already that DZ had the "vanishing" spell slot issue in BG2 so I just assumed that's why it was happening in BG1, too. Looks like I have more homework to do before this works the way I want it to! :smile: