Skip to content

Need help continuing my adventure

Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
tl;dr: Can you please download my Save Game, load it, exit Korlasz Family Tomb, save the game and upload the save here for me to download, so I can continue the game?

I've recently finished BG:EE and transitioned with my party to SoD, only to find out that the game is - at least for me - bugged.
I can't exit the first dungeon. When I talk to Imoen to return to the Ducal Palace the UI disappears and the game just don't continues, and I'm stuck there unable to do anything except Ctrl+Alt+Del and end BG:EE process.
I've tried everything, play with a fresh save, delete local content and reinstall the game, but nothing changes, I'm stuck in that thrice-damned tomb with whichever party.
I know there is already a post about this issue in the Troubleshooting session of the forum, but I'm writing this post just to find some help in getting me out of that part of the game. I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I don't know where to ask for help.
Thank you for your time :)

Comments

• Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    Same issue here.

I was running an imported game, and when it came to exit the first dungeon the game decided not to work. The UI disappears and I can do anything but Ctrl+Alt+Del to exit the program. I'm running the game on Steam, on a Win 8.1 laptop, with no mods. I tried to delete the local content and reinstall the game anew, with no effects.

Now I want to ask you for a favor. Can anyone of you please download the Save Game I'm attaching, load it and see if you manage to go past that part? If you can, would you please be so kind to save the game after the interlude and post it here, so I can download it and continue my game?

Thank you very much for your time :)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Save attached.

There is a report at http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59674/resolved-games-freezed-when-leaving-the-catacombs that may help (you may run into other issues)

If you try to uninstall again, check this folder is removed or empty - assumes a standard location
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    JuliusBorisovDarigaaz87
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    elminster said:
    It works, but for a short time though. After the assassination attempt the problem comes up again at the end of the discussion with the lords of Baldur's Gate, in the basement. I don't really know what to do now.
    Thank you @Gate70, the save works, but for a short time though. After the assassination attempt the problem comes up again at the end of the discussion with the lords of Baldur's Gate, in the basement. I don't really know what to do now.
    edited June 2016
    I've moved this thread to troubleshooting.

Also what are your system specs and what platform are you running the game on?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I would start by doing one or both of the below (bit of a guess as to likely cause with the first).

Install DirectX Runtime from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
    Uninstall the game, check the location mentioned is clear and download from Steam again.

If you're still stuck after that, can you attach a dxdiag summary
    (Windows/R, type dxdiag and click ok. Once it runs, click save all information)
    elminsterDarigaaz87
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't leave the Crypt.
    @Gate70 @Darigaaz87 I've merged everything into one thread
    Thank you @elminster, I am now trying a new installation of the game, but this time I have deleted all the content in the location where the game was previously installed. Let's hope this will fix everything.
    elminster