Skip to content

Improve improved journal?

2»

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited June 2016
    Yeah - I will give instructions for manually editing it as needed... but also the default files too (for quick installation).

Yeah - you can change the default choice quite easily... search for QFilter = 0 ... you will find it in the onopen of the menu 'JOURNAL', like this:

menu { name 'JOURNAL' align left top offset 80 0 ignoreEsc onopen " buildQuestDisplay() chapter = math.max(0,Infinity_GetMaxChapterPage()) QFilter = 0 "

Change that to QFilter = 1 for ACTIVE to be default and QFIlter = 2 for Completed to be default .... job done.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @Mr2150 Awesome, thanks. I'll edit that over as soon as I can.
  • JothayJothay Member Posts: 11
    I'd like to suggest the following format as well if possible. I do like having all my quests in one pane so I just have to scroll, but there could be a couple header points to sort them out.

edited June 2016
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, @Jothay !

Unfortunately, the Quest and Journal tables are quite complicated and sorting them in that way is a little too difficult for a simple mod - you'd need a much more complicated change regarding how the tables are constructed, I believe.

Also, I'm generally not in favour of large scrollable lists - I'd much rather filter the whole list and that is much easier to implement.

I'm just waiting for a couple more translations and I can convert the BG1EE+SOD screens you see here into BG2EE and BG1EE versions.

I've tidied up the Quest screen as follows:

Although the image shows the finished quest at the end, this is because the table is sorted by the default (by received time) not because I've changed the sort.

The extra arrow performs the cascade to close all open entries.

The journal screen now is a lot more useful as notes are time-stamped and can be filtered by your entries and your entries can also be easily deleted. Likewise when editing system notes, your changes can be time-stamped...

Post edited by Mr2150 on
    Hi all, Just a quick note to say that I've made a formal release of this now. It can be found here.