Skip to content

Dual Classing- Avoiding the lower levels of the second class

jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
Is it plausible by avoiding the lower levels of a dual class by doing the following:
-Level up to get to the last level you wish to attain on your first class
-Not leveling up until you gain enough experience to attain one level higher than your first class in your second class
-Dual classing
-Finally leveling up

Example: You're looking to be a kensai13>mage. Your kensai gets to level 13, and then you stop leveling up. You have 1,250,000 experience points at this point. You hold off leveling up again until you have 2,750,000 experience points (1,250,000 for kensai13 plus 1,500,000 for mage14). Then you dual class and level up afterwards.
If I have this right, you should plateau at kensai13 for awhile, and then jump right into kensai13>mage14 with your kensai levels regained. It would be a less difficult to be a kensai13 for awhile as opposed to working my way up to level 14 as a mage.
Thoughts?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2012
    I think it stops giving you any more experience until you push the level up button. The way to test it quickly would be to level a new character up to two, don't take the level, then kill some stuff and see if your xp goes up.

Can someone confirm?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It doesn't stop giving extra XP if you don't level, but all excess XP goes down to zero the moment you confirm dual. So if you acquired an extra million XP, it's all lost when you dual without increasing your level first.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @mlnevese, thanks. I was pretty sure @jflieder's idea wouldn't work, albeit for different reasons than what I stated.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    the other way of gain xp quickly is dual to mage and start scribing scrolls
    @belgarathmth. You're welcome. I just had the dual class rules fresh in my memory :)
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    good to know. thanks @minvese
    You're welcome :)