Skip to content

SPOILER ALERT! If you're a neutral cleric and take Dorn, does it really lead to...

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
I'm playing a neutral cleric. I took Dorn with me, just to see all of his content for the first time. Before I got to Dorn, the Unseeing Eye quest was triggered (I don't see how you could avoid it). And, as you all probably know, at one point during Dorn's quest, I had to do some cleric killing in the temple district.

So, does this mean that my chance to finish the Unseeing Eye quest and to receive the cleric stronghold are now both gone? It seems that way, but I'd like to be sure.
Post edited by xzar_monty on

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    This thread could use a spoiler alert, unless you are talking about the first quest Dorn gives you.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    You are quite correct. My apologies. Edited.

But is there a definite answer to my question? I believe it is "Yes", but I would like to be sure.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    The answer is "Not necessarily"

Telwyn gives you the Sir Sarles quest, and the Dawn Ring quest. So if he is killed, you won't be able to get these quests.
    High watcher Oisig gives you the Unseeing Eye quest. If Telwyn is killed within his sight range (or that of any Helmite), they'll turn hostile and you won't be able to report back the Unseeing Eye quest.
    But you have two solutions to this problem:
    1- If you choose the right dialogue options you do not HAVE to kill Telwyn, which means you'll be able to do every quest related to Helm's Temple later on
    2- If you block Telwyn or kill him fast enough, he'll die out of sight of any other Helmite, meaning they won't turn red and will act as if nothing had happened. However you won't be able to get Sir Sarles quest etc... and incidentally, no cleric stronghold either.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Arunsun: Thank you!

Regarding #1: I was unable to talk Dorn out of attacking. And I tried many times. Perhaps the right options were not available because of low intelligence and/or charisma? I certainly had enough wisdom.
    Regarding #2: The others did turn red. However, I cast charm person on High watcher Oisig and then left. That probably won't allow me to come back and report to him on the Unseeing Eye quest, but at least I didn't kill him.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Yes, you need High charisma to Convince Dorn the violent approach is not the way to do things. This goes for his first quest as well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Shandyr said:

How many players actually know that they cut out some content, and as a neutral cleric their stronghold, if they kill Telwyn? :open_mouth:

Players absolutely should be forced to deal with the consequences of not properly considering things beforehand.

Also, this is a game where you can reload old saves. If you have a save for it, it is fully possible to set Dorn aside for a bit. You can then do Unseeing Eye and finish Sir Sarles's quest. That nets your stronghold. Then you can grab Dorn and do his questline.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Shandyr said:

Arunsun said:

However you won't be able to get Sir Sarles quest etc... and incidentally, no cleric stronghold either.

Uhm... Should that even be possible? Speaking from a game design perspective?

How many players actually know that they cut out some content, and as a neutral cleric their stronghold, if they kill Telwyn? :open_mouth:

Unless I misunderstood something?
    A roleplaying game is made to tell a story, a story that is influenced by your actions. The fact that these actions will later give you things or prevent some from happening feels like excellent game design on a roleplay point of view.