Skip to content

Potions won't unstack

CathartesCathartes Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I looked around and couldn't find anyone else reporting this issue.

There's a stack of x potions in a character's inventory. I want to move n out of those x potions to another character. Usually you'd double-click on the stack and get a popup where you could select a number of those potions. Since the latest update, this no longer works.

I tried it with ammo and unstacking works fine with that. Seems to be just potions.

Anyone else having this problem? Or at least know what to do about it?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Man, word problems are so hard! x = 1? n > x? n ∉ ℕ?

But seriously, that's strange. Is this happening in BGEE, BG2EE, or both? Also, where did you purchase the game (Steam, Beamdog, etc.), and are you playing on Windows or Mac?
  • CathartesCathartes Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    Haven't tried in BGEE. Just BG2EE. Downloading the update to BGEE now to try it. Beamdog purchase. Windows 8.1.

Just checked and to add to the strangeness, it's only happening with later save games. Earlier ones seem to work just fine. But I don't want to go back several days of game time if I don't have to.

Edit: No such problem in BGEE.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Can you zip and attach an affected save please, also did you have any mods installed.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

Can you zip and attach an affected save please, also did you have any mods installed.
    Thanks

I had mods installed at some point. Then updates happened and wiped them, and I didn't bother reinstalling them. This particular game began after one of the updates, and I haven't installed any mods since starting with this character.

Thanks.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited June 2016
    I think this is inventory lag (killing and removing characters 2-6 allows me to split potions). Will look at whether this needs a new ticket or should be additional information for an existing one.
    Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for looking into it.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited June 2016
    Can confirm this is happening with bgee sod 2.3.67.2... the inventory lag is extremely annoying and at times breaks game functionality. There really should be an option to disable the auto combat stat calculations when sorting through inventory/equipping items etc., perhaps shift clicking on an item can temporarily disable this dubious new feature.

Or better yet, the other way around; make the inventory auto calculating of stats an optional addition to the UI available by shift clicking on an item. Seems like this would be a sensible approach in general to adding new functionalities to what is essentially an excellent time tested game engine/ui...
    Post edited by ithildurnew on