Skip to content

How Do I uninstall BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE?

Hi as the title suggests I am having difficulty uninstalling either of the games. I installed them using the beamdog client, When the problem started I had opened the beamdog client and there was new updates available for the games so i started installing the updates, however my computer crashed part way through the update process. Upon restarting my computer I was unable to start beamdog client have tried many many times over last couple days to no success. Naturally I assume the best course of action is to uninstall/reinstall the games. However that's where the problem is. When you use the beamdog client to install the games, you can uninstall/reinstall them in the beamdog client and that seems to be the only place you can do so, however my beamdog client wont start, and the games cant be found in "Uninstall Program" due to using the beamdog client to install them i assume. I have already attempted uninstalling/reinstalling the beamdogclient and it was unsuccessful(still wont start) My computers operating system in Windows 7. Does anyone know what I can do to uninstall these games? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited June 2016
    The issue would appear to be with the Beamdog client rather than the games. Removal of it should be availabe from the Add/remove programs part of the control panel but if that isn't working try step 7 of https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177538-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch as below
    Run Windows Update and ensure you have the latest .NET Framework. .NET is a software framework from Microsoft. If it is not installed, or installed incorrectly, our games, the Beamdog client, and the game installers will not launch.

With the Beamdog client closed you could try deleting all the *.beam and *.status files at your install location to see if one of them has been corrupted and is causing the Beamdog client failure. Leave the folders for now.
    e.g. one of C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games or C:\BeamDog\Games

Restart the launcher and if it works, install each game again. The client should only update as necessary.

The games don't use the Windows Registry and can be removed as below.
    If you are unable to use the Beamdog client, you should be able to use the standalone installers.

To uninstall the games without using the Beamdog client
    Deleting the install location folder (as above) will remove all the games
    Deleting the 00766 folder plus 766.beam and 766.status will remove BGEE
    Deleting the 00783 folder plus 783.beam and 783.status will removed BGIIEE