Skip to content

Enough already !

TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
I can't imagine us dudes, role playing, pen and paper, in those good old days, not even one gay character let alone 2 gays and one trans gender that beamdog has made in there new BG releases.

I have a very good friend that is gay, and it would be a very odd experience for us, for him, to bring his gay attributes out in the game unless it wasnt for a laughable experience. And for Dorn, I must say, they made it work, but now I'm reading more about the writers at beamdog walking a very fine line with this one in the new expansion?

Push my button once with Dorn and I'll laughable shrug it off, keep bushing my buttons and you'll make me feel like I'm at a gay club and want to just leave.

So who really is the gay one at Beamdog writing this crap, because it's getting to the point it's just not funny anymore and down right wierd !?

Comments

• CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    And for Dorn, I must say, they made it work
    Exactly what? haven't played him that much...

As for your subject... I don't know really. It honestly doesn't affect me, I played the game and never gave it more than 3 seconds of thought after meeting the priest guy, neither do I remember the other gay characters, 1 is Hexxat right?... that's how much I care, was way too worried about making my dice rolls improve.
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    I haven't played SoD yet, just reading a lot of buzz about it. If Beamdog would stop investing so much time into biblically wrong activity they would have there android platforms further along by now!?
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Jesus! Biblically wrong behavior? You mean like Matthew 7 kind of wrong?
    edited June 2016
    They made the character of being gay work for Dorn, I chuckled about it and moved on. I don't know about my reaction with these new gay characters, i'm just hoping they didn't go over board on it and leave me to be suspicious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    You do not know Matthew 7, my friend, if you can only pick out the beginning verses in it and use to for the speaking to justify the abomination of gay activities . There are many verses that clearly speak against sexual immortality of all sorts. Matthew 7 just happens to be one of the most powerful chapters in the hole new testament. I urge u to read it again and grasp what it truly means.

edited June 2016
    My best friend and father figure is actually gay. But now that we are no longer gangsters and getting high on cocain we must follow what the Bible says as our mediator, my friend. So now, coming from that life style of - anything goes, and coming into the teachings of the bible. I am the one to have just cause to be offended and not you for me speaking out about it.
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    Tymaker said:

They made the character of being gay work for Dorn.

When is Dorn gay? In SoA??
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    dorn is bi i don't get where he is getting this from. heexat from bg2 ee is the only gay romance as she will only go with a female character.

in terms of sod glint is bi i think, and Voghiln and safana are straight.

corwin i can't remember atm.

your really over exaggerating dude.

I was actually sexually abused by a gay man when I was younger. And now I also have the bible to stand on that it is wrong activity. This is something that gives me nightmares to roleplay. No, gay man, I hold you in contempt before my atmosphere, this is not something I want to see indulge at all or at any time! I can shrug it off once but now Beamdog has gone too far !
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Please remember that everyone here must follow the site rules. For people who aren't familiar with them I suggest they take a few moments to read them please.

We do not always have to agree here, but we do need to behave respectfully towards all other people here and have civil discussions. I try to remember the advice my mother gave me long ago going to school, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything.
    To hell with u mf2112 this is a very powerful topic for me and I will speak my mind. And Urge others to do the same.
    I am a forum moderator here and I request that you reconsider please. All of these characters are optional and none of them are required to finish the game. Please stay within the forum rules and do not continue discussing this topic in this fashion. Thank you.
    edited June 2016
    So basically your saying you can rape me like what happened when I was 12 years old. Well, I already know what that feels like.

Do your worst.
    I am deeply sorry that happened to you, but that is not a reason to get upset at people here who have never hurt you. I have no intention of doing any sort of "worst" to you. I volunteered here because I love the game and the site and the people here and that means I will try to defuse situations whenever I can.
    edited June 2016
    Your top line of defusing the situation for the bomb squad did not work here. And your not sorry because if you really were u would just shut up and not be able to write a single word.
    edited June 2016
    I am sorry you feel that way. I offer my sincere sorrow that you were treated badly when you were younger. I am not sure why you would expect me to stay silent though? I cannot stay silent as a human being or in this case, as a forum moderator.
    edited June 2016
    Where we stand now is, mf2112 and Shandyr, because of their interference on speaking to me on this subject, I can not even play this game anymore until this is resolved in a more speakable manor.
    edited June 2016
    Have fun with your gay and trans gender characters, hope it amuses you all
    edited June 2016
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2016
    Yah right Shndyr, I'm sure your cool and have many great things to say but right now this is my platform, so backoff
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Tymaker said:

this is my platform, so backoff

lol
    edited June 2016
    It's actually not a laughing matter at all. If you were affected by suicide victoms you could speak on it. If u were effect by violence or even murder, you could speak on it. If you were effected by sexual abuse or sexual abuse by a gay person you could speak on it.

It just so happens I still play d&d because I love that imagination, and that escape, and I was effected by one of the above.

So all of you need to hold your tongue or you will learn that this is not a laughing matter, and I can describe better just where I am coming from, if you require this education.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so you came to a forum which you know is ussed for discussion and want to make it your own personal soap box.

thats why he was laughing.

this needs to be locked it's clear he does not want a civil discussion.
This discussion has been closed.