Enough already !

2»

Comments

• BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Enough already!

I agree. :smile:
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2016
    I'll tell you what this needs to be ! Is that the creators of this script obviously need to hear this side of the story - what they are not aware of. Because what I had to go through because of gay activity LAYS LOW , like Smaug against the dwarves. I have nothing against what gay people do in their own world, and they have their time and place for that, but not when It comes to where their deeds can be exposed for the shame of what happened to others. Ya, sure, hit me with it on Dorn's script, and I can take that, and shruged it off, but press on !?

Now we have a real fight no one here can win unless I stop playing this game forever.

So what say to this - when the line drawn about what is being said starts to effect/cross, those effected by the activities of the subject thats being discussed ??? Why is this subject being implanted into my game? I'm fine with it in small amounts, but don't cross this line !!

So far Dorn didn't cross this line with me, he pulled it off, like ya that would be him. But i'm reading all this new content from SOD.... which i'm still waiting to experience on android devices.
    Post edited by Tymaker on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited June 2016
    Write a bio about people or parents who got murrderd or suicide, see how that affects someone? Write about sexual abuse or gay activity which can be related to sexual abuse, see how that effects someone?

Like, really?
    Post edited by Tymaker on
    edited June 2016
    I like it good Shandyr. .. thanks for asking, I play it over and over along with the movie Risen....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Tymaker said:

I can't imagine us dudes, role playing, pen and paper, in those good old days, not even one gay character let alone 2 gays and one trans gender that beamdog has made in there new BG releases.

It's natural to a CRPG and NPCs that you get some predefined options, and if those options don't interest you at all, don't choose them. "In those good old days" possibly refers to a time when gays had a much more difficult time and often even didn't tell their closest friends about their sexual orientation. Depending on what people you knew it was more likely for someone to play a silly gay elf for some jokes than actually being gay himself. For almost a year, though, a group I've played pen and paper rpgs with had a lesbian member with a focus on playing strong female lesbian warriors (which has been exactly the opposite of herself in real life).
    Tymaker said:

Push my button once with Dorn and I'll laughable shrug it off, keep bushing my buttons and you'll make me feel like I'm at a gay club and want to just leave.

Giving Dorn a massage or wrestling with him half-naked, well, give it a try for role-playing reasons if it interests you and you don't fear what it may lead to. Else, avoid it or never choose that option again once you've experienced the content before. Try pulling Aerie's blanket away when she's sleeping, if you like something like that more. As a comparison, I've read about enough players, who cannot get accustomed to the romance with Viconia due to the background story she tells and her attitude towards males.
    Tymaker said:

So who really is the gay one at Beamdog writing this crap, because it's getting to the point it's just not funny anymore and down right wierd !?

I won't go that far and call Dorn "crap". His bi stuff is not content I would applaud to. It's nothing spectacular that would be a reason to buy these games. It simply doesn't matter. "Shrug" and move on. If I let Dorn join, I do it for the NPC banter and NPC related quests. But I've found Glint worse than Dorn. Primarily because Glint is too foolish and not because he's gay. Compared with silly Glint, Dorn is much more subtle.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Nobody has a right to seriously violate the site rules, especially to continue doing so after a moderator's warning. The thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.