Skip to content

Erephine's 1PP mod is awesome

2»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2012
    I got it to install! It turns out I had forgotten that with non-G3 mods, you have to unzip them into the directory. I was trying to run the .exe from inside its zipped folder, and had forgotten to extract the resource folder and the .exe into the game directory first.

I feel really stupid.

So anyway, I loaded up some of my save games, and the avatars and paper dolls, as well as the interface, all look beautiful.

Thanks for recommending this.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @belgarathmth And if you want to have the bg1 avatars for your character, install infinity animations, but since that is more tricky to install, if you try to do it and fail, send me a pm, i'll help.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I shall add a mostly useless comment to distract from the fact I am really bumping this thread....

There. ;)
    @Space_hamster lol why LeBump?

It's not like we are gonna get any answers :p
    edited October 2012
    @Nathan thank you for the answer.

I know the limitations of BG1 sprites, that is why we mentioned the optional use.

Indeed you will be forced to use the BG2 ones by default because of that reason, and we totally understand that.

As you said, if you find a way to make it easy to port animations in BG:EE, then porting the BG1 ones would be peace of cake, and the fact that you are willing to do it (dual wield fix), is definetely something we thank you for.

I personally have faith in you, that indeed you have something good in the works for animation porting, and in the end, if all else failed, which it won't, IA would be made compatible at some point.

I realise your priorities lie elsewhere now, but still, thank you again for looking into this, and i hope everything goes smooth with the game.

Hopefully, at some point we'll be able to use our beloved BG1 sprites :)))

P.S. If the animation porting is done, then the BG1 sprites could just be included in the data for optional use through an editor for example, while the default ones would still be BG2 ones because of the limitations. BUT, one day these limitations will be overcome, and then, tremble BG2 animations... Tremble... :p
    edited October 2012
    @Nathan that's super good news indeed, if Erephine wants IA(or something equivalent for bg1 sprites) compatible with BG:EE.

Anyway, good luck(and courage :])!

And to monkey around a bit a la Nathan style, now if you'll excuse me, my work is needed elsewhere.

/Vanishes - INTO THE NIGHT! ;p

P.S. Andrea deserves a net hug so /hug :p
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    Yeah, reading through the forum I did get the impression too that @AndreaColombo is kind of awesome, in this regard.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    As this was probably the biggest concern for me about BG:EE, this is fantastic news. Thank you.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited October 2012
    For the sake of nostalgia, here are a few IWD shots with BG1 animations:

edited October 2012
    In a while, @AndreaColombo, we will be posting pictures in this forum from our playthroughs of BG:EE with BG1 animations!!

No nostalgia will be needed :p

But yeah, i remember IWD1, oh well :p