Skip to content

I want to adventure with a good dwarf

I remember when I first read into BG2 I was really annoyed that my buddy Yeslick wouldn't carry over. He was solid, dependable and him and Imoen were the only static members of the party on my first BG playthrough. In Icewind Dale I hardly ever travel without a dwarf fighter (or F/C or F/T). I think BG2 is really lacking a good dwarf. Think Flint Fireforge. Every good party needs one. And please don't say mod one yourself as I play on iPad now and don't have a PC.

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    I agree, there's a distinct lack of dwarves in BG2. There's a Yeslick mod over at Studios but you're on iPad so it might be a problem (and I'm not sure the mod is EE-compatible to begin with). Your best bet is to add one yourself by using the "Create Party" option during character generation. Won't have any dialogue though.

There are sure a lot of elves in the game though, and Beamdog even added one with Neera. Elves are the worst, we should kill them all.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Kurona said:

There are sure a lot of elves in the game though, and Beamdog even added one with Neera. Elves are the worst, we should kill them all.

Or maybe we should bury you and your dwarven rock-eater friends where the sun don't shine.

Elven waifus are life.

But I suppose another shorty or two could spice things up a bit. Why are there never female dwarfs in such games, though?
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

But I suppose another shorty or two could spice things up a bit. Why are there never female dwarfs in such games, though?

Because they are at the tavern. Like most dwarves.

There are only so many dwarves willing to leave the tavern and their swing o' some strong, dwarven ale: those who's thirst for money/blood is stronger than that for ale.
    Oh and there's Yeslick, he's the exception that makes the rule true I guess.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    by "good" do you mean; good alignment or good character? because even though korgan is evil, he is an awesome character, he is skilled with the 2 best weapons in the game ( axes and hammers) and he is a berserker ( which is an amazing ability all by itself) coupled with 19 CON and great saves, you couldn't ask for better, and then give him the mits of dexterity, and he will really become a wall of awesomeness, that can also dish out great damage ( whether that be the axe of the unyielding or cromfaeyr)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    sarevok57 said:

2 best weapons in the game ( axes and hammers)

#TRIGGERED

But on a serious note, I think "good" means "well-designed" or "well-written". Right? Hard to tell from context. But I agree that Korgan is not too "bad" (and interpret that how you will).
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Hello friends. I too would like some new pals to adventure with. I tend to prefer more interesting characters over the stock archetypes, though they can be done well and made interesting themselves. I'd like to hang out with a dwarf who had a unique personality and wasn't just a completely ordinary Scottish man.

Sagani in Pillars of Eternity was really cool because she was a female dwarf which is already unique but she was also a non-typical class for dwarves and was also culturally based on Eskimo/Inuit culture.

It would be cool to see an actual Tolkien style dwarf sometime. I know what you are going to all say but hear me out. Khuzdul (the language of the dwarves) is based on Semitic languages. The dwarves were originally similar to the ancient Jewish people with the whole wandering the Earth thing "at once natives and aliens in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue…" You could do some really interesting stuff with this, though obviously you'd want to be careful a little not to create something offensive.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Why does everyone forget about Trapspringer?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Sorry for the confusion, I do mean good aligned. Korgan is a fine written character I am sure but not someone I want to adventure with. The game has tonnes of humans and a number of elves but there is only one good shorty and that's Mazzy (who I do really like). The most exotic a good party can be is a load of humans, an elf and a halfling = a bit dull. I would have loved Yeslick back or a similar character type.

Uncle Trapspringer is cool but isn't he a kender?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Sorry for the confusion, I do mean good aligned. Korgan is a fine written character I am sure but not someone I want to adventure with. The game has tonnes of humans and a number of elves but there is only one good shorty and that's Mazzy (who I do really like). The most exotic a good party can be is a load of humans, an elf and a halfling = a bit dull. I would have loved Yeslick back or a similar character type.

Uncle Trapspringer is cool but isn't he a kender?

I thought deltago was talking about dorna trapspringer from shadows of undertine

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Krona said:

...There are sure a lot of elves in the game though, and Beamdog even added one with Neera...

"HALF-elf!"

:P