Skip to content

question about labelling/numbering animations for EE

amikaamika Member Posts: 34
Today I made this handsome boy:

He's not fancy, just a simple palette swap on the cornugon (same sounds and everything), to match this art:

(Sam Wood?)

I tried doing this initially with effects on the .cre, but couldn't get it to look good.

Is there a way to find out which hex numbers are valid to use for the .ini file and to have WeiDU APPEND to animate.ids, as well as the reference number in the APPENDs to EXTANIM.2da and EXTSPEED.2da? Or is there a reservation database similar to the one for mod prefixes? I understand Infinity Animations served this purpose but is incompatible with EE.

Here's what it looks like in my tp2 file with placeholder values:
COPY ~Mikaela-NPC/ini/9999.ini~ ~override~ COPY ~Mikaela-NPC/bam/~ ~override~ APPEND ~animate.ids~ ~0x9999 CORNUGON_BLUE~ UNLESS ~^0x9999~ APPEND ~EXTANIM.2da~ ~12345 0 1 1 0 0 1 47 0 0 NONE NONE NONE 6 3 FZOR NONE 0 0 NONE~ UNLESS ~^12345~ APPEND ~EXTSPEED.2da~ ~12345 10~ UNLESS ~^12345~

I have it in-game and working without overwriting anything currently, but at the moment I'm using the slot/numbers from another mod that I was checking my work against; I'm nottt sure how I'd go about ensuring better compatibility with other mods. Any pointers or insight would be appreciated.

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Hey, check out this thread There is a list of unoccupied animation slots in the first post though some are already "claimed" by other modders (including me) via a post on the later pages of that thread. Its not a pretty solution but probably the most workable for now.

By the way, I think you only need to write the animate.ids entry if you're using the .ini method.
  • amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    @Ulb - ahh, you're right! thanks so much