Skip to content

[Spoilers] Where's the (good, usable) loot?

2»

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    They can with the tweakpack, if you want.
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    I have to agree with the author. I was getting excited every time I saw a new weapon and then, after looking at the stats - ''damn + 2 only'' . I don't think it would hurt the game it they gave us a bit of something special like + 3 weapons or some other items in lategame. You can't take any of those items to BG2 anyway so what's the big deal.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited July 2016
    Ramiell said:

I have to agree with the author. I was getting excited every time I saw a new weapon and then, after looking at the stats - ''damn + 2 only'' . I don't think it would hurt the game it they gave us a bit of something special like + 3 weapons or some other items in lategame. You can't take any of those items to BG2 anyway so what's the big deal.

They did. See here: http://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/04/Siege-of-Dragonspear-Item-List.html - Black items are +3.

• RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2016
    +3 weapons I see on the list ( hope I didn't miss anything)
    4 weapons + 1 of the void weapons + 1 of Thrix' weapons
    That's 6 in total, 1 of those is quarterstaff but if you really want +3 quarterstaff you can get one in Ulgoth's Beard much much earlier, however I wonder how many people actually bother to put any proficiencies in those? 1 of them is Longbow so you screwed if you don't have archer in your party. And for the next 2 weapons - you can get +3 short sword and 2h sword versions before you even start Siege of Dragonspear. What I'd like to see is more variety when it comes to +3 weapons. Why choice is such limited ? Why there is no +3 axe, flail or shortbow?
    Post edited by Ramiell on
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Vbibbi said:

Kurona said:

You know what I'll miss in BG2? The Robe of Netheril. 50% magic resistance just by itself! Sure it's cursed and disables spellcasting but that's a minor issue when you use it for tanking mages.

How do you use it efficiently? I didn't bother even trying to equip it so I'm curious.

Would you put it on a F/M and then just treat the character as a fighter? Does the 50% MR compensate for basically having a lower leveled fighter without the benefits of spellcasting?
    As long as it does not negate buffs...

(1) Mage dual to fighter
    (2) Buff up with stoneskin, mirror image, etc
    (3) Do a sequencer for throwing other spells
    (4) Put on cursed robe and tank it out
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Fighters have only a -1 penalty for non-proficient weapons if I remember correctly.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Grum said:

Vbibbi said:

Kurona said:

You know what I'll miss in BG2? The Robe of Netheril. 50% magic resistance just by itself! Sure it's cursed and disables spellcasting but that's a minor issue when you use it for tanking mages.

How do you use it efficiently? I didn't bother even trying to equip it so I'm curious.

Would you put it on a F/M and then just treat the character as a fighter? Does the 50% MR compensate for basically having a lower leveled fighter without the benefits of spellcasting?
    As long as it does not negate buffs...

(1) Mage dual to fighter
    (2) Buff up with stoneskin, mirror image, etc
    (3) Do a sequencer for throwing other spells
    (4) Put on cursed robe and tank it out
    While I appreciate the thought behind this, the strategy you lay out is very cumbersome and tedious for continual play. Would you do this for every encounter? Meaning you would have to have a remove curse spell memorized every day, or else always start every combat encounter close to a temple so that the curse could be removed first?

This strategy seems okay for specific battles but not as an everyday battle plan.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Finneous,
    Maybe he meant EEkeeping ? xD
    I do love EEkeeper for allowing many things that defaults does not provide or allow xD.