I want to know how many women there are among new players
  1. What is your sex?35 votes
    1. Male
      77.14%
    2. Female
      22.86%

Comments

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Tymora's luck! I could have won that bag of snacks, if only I would make that bet with my cat, that someone's gonna write smth like that !
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Female here.
    I am curious what prompted you to ask the question? Curiosity, or something else?
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I'm not "new", but I'm also a lady.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited July 2016
    It's important to have women playing. Diversification, but not in the sense of doing every random thing. You bring your own perspective, and D&D has always been boys' hobby. They may cover up the boobs these days, which is too bad, but they keep the hack-and-slash in. In fact, it's gone from main course to the only dish. So I want to see if women are attracted to the former and gentler incarnation of the system and this game. Or maybe you love hack-and-slash! Just vote, will ya. And that goes for men too. If you guys don't want, what kind of picture can I get here?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'm confused, it sounds like you are comparing boobs to food and asking for pictures? What do you mean "if you guys don't want"? And this poll is only for new people right?
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Now I am confused. It sounds to me like there is more to your question then just how many men or woman play the game.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I don't see any option for droids.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Pineapple is best pizza topping
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827

Pineapple is best pizza topping

I know we like to joke around and have fun on these forums friend but there is no need to start saying horrendous things like this to get a cheap laugh.
    I too really enjoy some pineapple on my pizza, makes a nice from my normal go to which is caramelized onion.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    chimeric said:

It's important to have women playing. Diversification, but not in the sense of doing every random thing. You bring your own perspective, and D&D has always been boys' hobby. (...) So I want to see if women are attracted to the former and gentler incarnation of the system and this game. Or maybe you love hack-and-slash!(...)

Treading on thin ice there... Not that I mind voting. Me male. Oh and I'm mostly in it for the story/lore/plots/use of (semi-)archaic language.
    Like games, pizza needs cheese. Lots of cheese. At least four kinds. And mushrooms.

Hello friends. While I applaud your spirit of curiosity in this thread I humbly seek to remind you that gender is not binary. Besides, we all know the really important thing to know about someone is if they put pineapple on pizza.

Gender is actually very much binary, because it's a cultural invention. There's the Man and the Woman, those are just concepts people adhere to or don't. Sex, being physical, isn't quite as binary. There are people with an extra X chromosome, all kinds of cases. But I'm simplifying here down to what concerns most people. And the reason I ask this at all is because I want to know. It's as simple as that. I'm a modder, a player, a community member, so I want to have a good image of these games and their audience and how they might play in my mind. Especially the younger people/new players. So just spare me the relativist stuff please, they both matter - the gender, the sex, and your age too by the way. Nothing to be scared of, especially in what, you will notice, is an anonymous poll.

Knowledge is light.
    People seem very protective of their pizza toppings.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    joluv said:

Neb33

:D
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    joluv said:

Wow, this takes me back. Remember AOL Instant Messenger?

Neb33: A/S/L?
    Neb33: ...R u a girl??
    Neb33: only asking cause i want to know
    Neb33: i want an image of you playing
    Neb33: especially if ur young
    Neb33: nothing 2 be scared of

That is so wrong. But so damn funny.
    I fully agree. One should be able to vote "lazy".
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    There should be a 3 min option :trollface:
    Anduin said:

I voted female because I want them to be on top!

You don't say?

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827

People seem very protective of their pizza toppings.

Well pizza is life, so I don't really see a problem with that XD
    10 males to 5 females for now.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited July 2016
    We have a pizza thread somewhere in the forum... Some people even said they don't like pizza... We didn't even banish them for heresy!

BTW I'd just like to remind everyone that nobody is forced to disclose gender or any other personal information in this forum so feel free not to participate in any such thread. If in doubt message a moderator.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    mlnevese said:

(...)Some people even said they don't like pizza(...)

:p Were they male or female?
    mlnevese said:

(...)WE ddin't even banish them for heresy!

;) You take pride in such negligence?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    mlnevese said:

(...)WE ddin't even banish them for heresy!

;) You take pride in such negligence?

It sure proves we are democratic in this corner of the Internet :)