Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Important Modding Question

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 1,336
edited July 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Do I have to install the mods in the SOD folder for them to work in BG? Or will they work just fine if I keep them in the BG folder. Because my antivirus deleted SOD (got in back and reinstalled mods after deleting antivirus; don't worry, will get a new one soon) and I worry it was because of the mods.

To clarify, I'm asking for my father; he recently bought the game and I'm pretty sure we need the same mods in order for our Multiplayer game to work.

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 716
    Is there a difference? It should be the same folder. SoD is just an expansion for BGEE so you can't install them separately, unless you're making an additional installation of BGEE only.

ZaramMaldovar
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 9,186
    Abel said:

Is there a difference? It should be the same folder. SoD is just an expansion for BGEE so you can't install them separately, unless you're making an additional installation of BGEE only.

Actually if you get them from Beamdog then they are two separate games:
    - BGEE
    - BGEE+SoD

Each can be modded independently.

But if you get it from Steam/GOG you only have one game:
    - BGEE+SoD

I believe there is only one main game folder in this case. Run ModMerge and then install mods in the BGEE game folder.

Abel
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 716
    @subtledoctor I don't know. I downloaded from BD client, and I only have one folder, one override, one chitin.key.

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    @Abel

With BD client, you can download BGEE+SOD or upgrade your existing BGEE install to BGEE+SOD.

Afterwards, you can go back into the client and download BGEE singularly again. I get a warning saying 'Expansion Available' and two options: Expansion Product and Install. Choosing Install lets me have BGEE again - and doesn't change the existing BGEE+SOD install.

Don't forget you can also copy the whole 'number' folders - to make a modded install or multiple installs.

For example, I have the 4 numbered folders (00766, 00783, 00798, and 00806) for each of the core games - these I update and keep at the latest version. I then copy the whole folder and rename it to something else. For example, I have a 00806 folder (which is BGEE+SOD) copied and renamed CURRENT + MODS: xxx indicating it is my current run and the list of mods (by initial) that I have installed.
    That way, when an update comes out I can update my core installation but it doesn't impact my current run through, or I can test multiple mods and their interaction separately...

I currently have 20 different folders (81GB of data total) representing different game installs+mods etc

Abelsubtledoctor