Skip to content

Important Modding Question

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
edited July 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Do I have to install the mods in the SOD folder for them to work in BG? Or will they work just fine if I keep them in the BG folder. Because my antivirus deleted SOD (got in back and reinstalled mods after deleting antivirus; don't worry, will get a new one soon) and I worry it was because of the mods.

To clarify, I'm asking for my father; he recently bought the game and I'm pretty sure we need the same mods in order for our Multiplayer game to work.

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Is there a difference? It should be the same folder. SoD is just an expansion for BGEE so you can't install them separately, unless you're making an additional installation of BGEE only.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    You need to use Modmerge first to move your SOD content to the main game, then you can install mods.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @subtledoctor I don't know. I downloaded from BD client, and I only have one folder, one override, one chitin.key.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    @Abel

With BD client, you can download BGEE+SOD or upgrade your existing BGEE install to BGEE+SOD.

Afterwards, you can go back into the client and download BGEE singularly again. I get a warning saying 'Expansion Available' and two options: Expansion Product and Install. Choosing Install lets me have BGEE again - and doesn't change the existing BGEE+SOD install.

Don't forget you can also copy the whole 'number' folders - to make a modded install or multiple installs.

For example, I have the 4 numbered folders (00766, 00783, 00798, and 00806) for each of the core games - these I update and keep at the latest version. I then copy the whole folder and rename it to something else. For example, I have a 00806 folder (which is BGEE+SOD) copied and renamed CURRENT + MODS: xxx indicating it is my current run and the list of mods (by initial) that I have installed.
    That way, when an update comes out I can update my core installation but it doesn't impact my current run through, or I can test multiple mods and their interaction separately...

I currently have 20 different folders (81GB of data total) representing different game installs+mods etc