Skip to content

Solo Monk run for BG2EE-need some opinion/advice

2»

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Hah. you think you are tough? Do a solo monk BGEE + BG2EE run till ToB.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Grond0
    Oh yes, thanks, I forgot that is acid (I keep having the impression it was doing fire).
    Now at least the monk can cover all aspects needed ^^
    @Southpaw
    hahaha BGEE solo monk is a torture ^^ I know.
    ToB side of the monk is also not that easy.
    Right now I am kinda stuck in ToB WK with that double APE heads.
  • AnonymousHeroAnonymousHero Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2016
    Bubbles said:

@AnonymousHero, the most dangerous mephits in the dungeon is the color spraying one (I have been knocked unconscious and diced as a result hahaha).

There are randomized mephits which can stun... with much the same result.

They're not guaranteed to be there, though. You might get lucky and avoid them.

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify: I believe there are exactly three:
    • the one that appears in the hallway just before encountering "the bad dwarf"
    • the one that appears as the first one in the room opposite the first "go sleepy" mephit
    • the one that appears in the hallway before the wand room
    I think that's it. (But beware my game is 'classic' + SCS/SCSII, but I don't think I have anything that explicitly modifies the mephits. Doesn't mean that things haven't changed for EE, though.)

I think they're all labeled Salt Mephits, IIRC?

EDIT#2: Actually, forgot one: There's a stunning mephit in the "Air" room, right? I think it's labeled a Steam Mephit, so maybe I'm wrong about the labeling. Definitely not about the lethality, though. Always bring along the Horn of Kazgaroth if you're doing a solo trilogy run, kids! :smile:
    @AnonymousHero, I often get stunned by the Air room (this one is dangerous as there are too many buddies of their family around) and a sleepy one in the Khalid's room(this one can often be avoided though if careful).
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    The quivering palm slay trolls, in that case without elemental damage. But only 1 per day...
    @Danacm, yeah and these trolls don't live alone x_x ...