New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
My dialog.tlk file got all messed up.
I was using NearInfinity and something strange happened to the dialog.tlk file. The text in all the strings got messed up; it's hard to explain, but the text in each string sort of got shifted forward so that each string has some of the text of previous string(s) and is missing some of the text that should be at the end of the string. For example, the description for Pellan's Shield is like this:
Ulgoth's Beard.FuernebolFuernebolPellan's Shield +2This shield was commissioned from the finest dwarven smiths by Pellan of Tyr, a renowned paladin who was known for his unquestioning courage and total lack of common sense. Upon hearing that a red dragon was ravaging the countryside, Pellan mounted his horse and rode off to do battle. Pellan and his armor digested readily, but the shield gave the dragon severe stomach cramps. He coughed it up, and it lay in his treasure pile for several years until it was retrieved by Pellan's son, a paladin who knew when to sneak. The superior craftsmanship is supplemented by a permanent lightness spell, which makes the shield very easy to wield.
– Armor Class: +3, an extra +1 vs
I remember this happened to me once before and I fixed it but I don't remember how I fixed it. I was wondering if any of you know how to fix this.