Skip to content

When did you have begun to play those games?

2»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited December 2018
    I really recommend everyone who posted in this thread, or just read it anew, to participate here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73733/baldur-s-gate-20-year-anniversary-contest#latest

(btw, - oh, the memories of these old threads. I STILL REMEMBER THEM!)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited December 2018
    I started at the beginning of the beginning, Wizardry - Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord.

My journey took me through many, many games, some good (Ultima I-IV, Gold Box games, Bard's Tale, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeonmaster), some terrible (Wizardry 3 & 4, Pool of Radiance - Ruins of Myth Drannor) and most not memorably good or bad at all. The BG series is still the best of the best IMHO!

Edit: Notice you needed a whole 64K of memory to play Wizardry!
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    I bought (well, had my parents buy me) BG+ToSC after reading a review in some magazine. That was way before I had internet at home, so I was exploring it completely blind for years.

I remember my first reaction when I started playing BG2 later. "My fighter can be LEVEL NINE!?"
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited December 2018
    BG2 is one of a handful of games I've preordered and paid for collector's editions for, back in 2000.

I played BG1 back in 1998, but on my sister's BF of the time's computer. By 2000 I had my own computer for BG2 and other games. I'm not sure when I got BG1, way later, probably like 2008 or so. I always preferred 2 because I didn't get the story of 1 until I was older.

I never finished BG1 until it was an EE version.