Skip to content

WTF is Erephine's 1PP MOD

I already googled it, but couldn't find any clear description of what this mod actually does. Most features are very obscure and difficult to understand for someone like me that doesn't understand BG modding.

Apparently, judging from the other people, it is awesome and one of the biggest feature in BG enhanced (apart from the tablet port/ multiplayer enhancement ).
Can someone clarify for me and the other newbies what this actually does? What are the exact features?

Is there any places where to find screenshots? Especially comparison before/after.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2012
    1PP (One Pixel Productions) is meant to make the appearance of items and character more in line with BG1... and then it goes to improve everything.

Check this out: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55047-1ppv410-release-download-discussion/
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    Thanks for the link. :)
    Yeah I already went there. The video is great but I fail to see significant difference. And the description is everything but self-explanatory.
    So yeah that's why I'm asking for more clarification.
    Apart from making the appearance of items more BG 1, what does it actually do?
    -Does it improve graphics
    -Does it add more graphic animations?
    -Does it improve/add more spell effect?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Yes, yes, and yes. To get the details, I suggest you download the mod and check out the readme - it gives a detailed explanation of every component, with comparison.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I can't wait anymore that the 1PP launch in BG-EE
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    The readme also has the screenshots you are looking for, comparisons between 1pp's components and original BG2.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Basically, Bg1 and bg2 had different graphic artists..... Many people prefer the style of bg1 , so 1 pp replaces the updated graphics with the originals ( or those inspired by the originals) .
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Specifically: If you prefer the shield and helmet animations/style from BG1, get 1PP. There are a lot of other interesting extras, for those two are a must have for me.

Fair warning, though: I've found this mod to be slightly buggy and it *seems* to cause the game to load slower than normal. Nothing horrible, but there are trade offs involved if you install it.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Brude - BG:EE loads almost instantly.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Last time I downloaded it, it was a bunch of files to be extracted into the override folder... I couldn't even undo it without looking for each file and deleting it.

Have they improved the instalation?

Can we choose which features we want and which ones we don't?
  • BlaveBlave Member Posts: 39
    DJKajuru said:

Last time I downloaded it, it was a bunch of files to be extracted into the override folder... I couldn't even undo it without looking for each file and deleting it.

Have they improved the instalation?

Can we choose which features we want and which ones we don't?

Last week, I downloaded and installed it for the first time. Don't know how it used to be but it uses Weidu now and is just as easy to install as any other Weidu mod, with component selection and so on.

That being said, I'm totally blown away by the Mod. Can't believe I missed it all those years. Really looking forward to seeing it in BG:EE :)
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    edited October 2012
    Brude said:

Fair warning, though: I've found this mod to be slightly buggy and it *seems* to cause the game to load slower than normal. Nothing horrible, but there are trade offs involved if you install it.

So far, I have not seen any bug, but I've not explored all of the mod yet.

Concerning the slowness, though, I think it happens because the mod puts a lot of new files in the Override folder, and your computer has to skim through them to find the right ones (or something). It happens also with other mods.

I saw someone suggesting this program on some forum: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/741-generalized-biffing/ that (if I got it right) basically relocates all the files located in the Override folder in their proper game folders; I tried it, and my game got practically back to its original velocity.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Generalized biffing is always advisable when the Override becomes gigantic. It'll do wonders with load and save speeds :)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    edited October 2012
    Biffing?

Nevermind. Just re-read the thread. XD