Skip to content

Grey Goo

DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
Has anyone played Grey Goo? I had a key to this game for months and didn't even know it! A friend thought he was giving me a key to mountain simulator, and when I finally decided to use it, I got this game instead. Out of curiosity, I decided to look and see what it was all about... OMG YES! I love strategy games, TBS, RTS, cards, boards, and so on. Unfortunately... I can't get it to run on my computer :(

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290790/

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2016
    So I see this "goo" is in fact a rogue nanomachine. Kind of hoped for it to be biological in nature...
    Well, at least the goo's forces are playable. Might as well purchase the game when it's on sale.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @Kamigoroshi
    Really? Because I was the exact opposite. I was so glad that it wasn't yet another parasitic biological organism. I actually think having them as a Nanomachines that evolved to do their own thing is unique in especially in a RTS. What got me the most is exactly how different each faction is designed... that and humans seem to be the most technologically advanced without the other races being straight up primitive (for once.)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @DragonKing
    It's just the way I roll. Being a biopunk fan and all. Cellular life forms don't have to be parasitic in that regard and could boast of rather large varieties in unit employment as well. Then again, in the end it all comes down to what the developers prefered for the goo to be.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited August 2016
    @Kamigoroshi
    I wasn't implying that all Cellular lifeforms are parasitic, it just that is usually the role they get pushed into when they are actually the villains of a lot of scifi stories. Even with symbiote which I think is the most common, it is usually parasitic and not as much Commensalism or mutualism. which we all know exist in nature just as much as parasitic. It is also usually parasitic organisms that usually causes an entire universe to go to war, I don't ever remember wars starting because of Commensalism or mutualism cellular organism.

I don't know about having the grey goo as an virus though, I think that would make it come off as possible a mixture of zombie outbreak+starcraft zerg depending on how the grey goo's minions were designed. but, that is just speculation of course.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

@DragonKing
    It's just the way I roll. Being a biopunk fan and all. Cellular life forms don't have to be parasitic in that regard and could boast of rather large varieties in unit employment as well. Then again, in the end it all comes down to what the developers prefered for the goo to be.

Since the grey goo scenario is all about nanotech turning everything on Earth into grey goo, the name alone is pretty strongly linked to nanotech.