Skip to content

Dorn Telwyn bug

Hello, I'm doing some minor troubleshooting for the Improved Anvil mod and have encountered Guardian Telwyn disappearing during Dorn's second quest in SoA in BG2EE 1.3 and 2.3 using a good aligned protagonist. I think I've identified the issue using Near Infinity as a BG2EE bug. See below.

The NPC Telwyn is created upon entry with Dorn via one block of code, and sets OHD_Telwyn_Spawn to 1. There is a block later on if the party isn't neutral (hence getting Helm as stronghold) that removes Telwyn if OHD_Telwn_Spawn is not equal to 1. Several triggers in Dorn's dialog file (see dornj.dlg state 345-349) that change the OHD_Telwyn_Spawn variable, presumably to guide the dialog, but I haven't explored this in detail. During the cutscene that follows, Telwyn disappears due to another block of code triggering in the AR0901.BCS file since the OHD_Telwyn_Spawn variable no longer has the value 1.

Code to create Telwyn if at proper place in Dorn's plotline (OHD_Plot = 2) in AR0901.BCS

IF
Global("OHD_PLOT","GLOBAL",2)
Global("OHD_Telwyn_Spawn","AR0901",0)
InParty("Dorn")
!Exists("SCTELWYN")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("OHD_Telwyn_Spawn","AR0901",1)
SetGlobal("TelwynSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("SCTELWYN",[1085.274],SW) // Guardian Telwyn
END

Code that destroys Telwyn during cutscene in AR0901.BCS. Removing this code solves the problem but probably isn't the best solution.

IF
Global("CDWorkingForLathander","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("OHD_Telwyn_Spawn","AR0901",1) // this variable changes in the dornj dialog files and triggers Telwyn to disappear
OR(2)
!Global("TelwynSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
!Global("CDSpawnOisig","GLOBAL",3)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("TelwynSpawn","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("CDSpawnOisig","GLOBAL",3)
ActionOverride("SCTELWYN",DestroySelf())
ActionOverride("Oisig",DestroySelf())
END

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Can someone testing the 2.5 beta check this quest, please? If the bug still happens, can you please attach a save file.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    bulian said:

Hello, I'm doing some minor troubleshooting for the Improved Anvil mod

good news!