Skip to content

BGEE PC different from Mac - why?

Can any of you stalwarts point me to a discussion that covers why my PC/laptop BGEE is so different from that on my iMac?

My iMac version seems older, as it has the original characters and portraits, while my PC version has updated characters and portraits.

Is there a way to get my iMac version up to the version that my PC/laptop has running?

Thanks.

David aka Golgo17

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • golgo17golgo17 Member Posts: 5
    Beamdog version 1.3.2053 is the version I have on my iMac.

I got an update notice for my PC/laptop a while back, which I did, but have had nothing similar for my iMac, nor is there an update listed as available at the app store.

is there a way to get the update manually?

Thanks again for your help... especially with such noobish questions.
    (I am very new to the Mac world, having just migrated a couple month ago)
    I double checked with Apple app store, and the version there is the one I have. Overhaul Games v. 1.3.2053 from 2014.
    Am I out of luck for updates?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The Mac update is available if you purchased BGEE direct from Beamdog, Steam, or GOG. It is not yet available from the Mac App Store.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Problem solved. I went to Beamdog and downloaded from their site. It worked. But now I have 2 copies of the same game on my Mac. I have a version 1.3.2052 and a new version 2. I'll figure out how to get rid of the first game as it is no longer needed.
    fwiw I purchased it through the Apple app store for my Mac. I purchased it separately for my PC a year before and was told at the time that I needed to buy a new copy for my Mac, as well as a separate one for my Android. So I have a purchased copy for each of those platforms.
    Sorry to bug you guys with such a silly problem. Thanks for help and suggestions/advice.