Skip to content

SCS Question

sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
I know there are some SCS veterans on this board and I have a question for all of you. I have been considering installing SCS but am not sure if it would be compatible with my house rules. Specifically, I typically roleplay reasonable resting rules - therefore, I try to complete most dungeons in a single go, examples being d'Arnise Keep and the Shade Lord ruins, exception examples being Planar Sphere (designated resting area specified), Watcher's Keep (no time sensitivity), etc.

I know SCS at max levels would not work with this, at least not for me. My question is, would minimal levels of SCS, such as no prebuffing for enemies, fewer "enhanced" creatures (such as mind flayers, fiends, and beholders) work with this restriction, or will too many fights still require copious and spell consuming mage battles and pre-buffing designed around multiple rests. What about for a full party vs solo (or duo)?

Other than SCS I use limited gameplay altering mods, such as multiple protection items with PnP restrictions.

Comments

• sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    Well, in case anyone is interested, I'm going to try SCS with the smarter AI but no instant-casting for anyone, no potions given, no creature enhancements except for triple HP smarter dragons, and no tactical challenges. Thus, human encounters may be significantly more difficult; monster encounters shouldn't be much changed. We'll see if it interferes with my rp too much and has to go.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I definitely think you can combine the setup you're planning with your house rules. Yes, maybe you will need reloads here and there, but you will be able to complete encounters without constantly buffing and sleeping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I think it is something more experience-related and, as you already said, depends on what components you installed.
    In general yes, it is doable.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    In Shade Lord ruins...there are like two Liches there, right? probably level dependant... IIRC if your party is level 12 or 13 or higher, liches will spawn in Temple Ruins. Dunno if possible to beat in one go? I doubt it. Lich is no pushover in SCS.

In my opinion when I install SCS that means I want at least a moderate challenge, second my game is not a race, I'm not a speedracer. there's no need to rush anything. third, proper preparation before a fight with challenging foe is actually fun in my opinion.
    but there is of course the source of irritation, I mean weaker party members that you must babysitting all the time. I would recommend a strong party of 4 characters even custom made like: ranger/cleric, bereserker 9/mage dual, kensai 9/mage or thief dual, barbarian or paladin (cavalier or inquisitor).
    I know that almost all powergamer and his mommy simple loves to play solo, but I wouldn't recommend, too cheesy.