Skip to content

Update BG2EE?

Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
How can I update my current version?

I completed SoD last night but my saved game crashes because of the different version numbers.

When I start SoD, it prompted me with Update / Play.

When I start BG2EE, the game just loads. I don't get any options to update.

When I log into the BeamDog website, I see BG2EE under my Games. I click on it.

I only see the option to Add to Cart or Download - Windows; Download - Mac, but I already have it installed.

There is no Update files anywhere on the website to click and update the product.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Have you tried the Beamdog Launcher?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Is the OP referring to version disparity between SoD and BG2?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2016
    My BG2 version - installed - is v1.3.2064.

I completed SoD - installed - is v.2.1.63.2.

Attempting to import the final save of SoD to BG2 crashes due to version difference.

So all I'd like to do, is know where to go to update BG2EE to the latest version.

When I log into the BeamDog website, I see BG2EE under my Games. I click on it.

I only see the option to Add to Cart or Download - Windows; Download - Mac,

I'm confused. Isn't this precisely what you're looking for?
    Don't want to download the whole game again. BG2EE is already installed.

I just want to update it to get the most recent version.

Have you tried the Beamdog Launcher?

I have. In yellow text it simply reads: Unable to receive product updates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2016
    You may want to copy the 1.3 folder somewhere else if you would like to try it again in the future. Also, I vaguely remember seeing that error, have you tried getting the latest Beamdog client? https://beamdog.com/files/BeamDogSetup.exe
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    What system are you playing on?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited September 2016
    Emh... Why don't you just export your character, copy/paste it into the BG2:EE characters folder and then import it?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2016
    Thanks everyone for your help, but nothing works.
    Wowo said:

What system are you playing on?

XP SP3 - SSL Certificates are updated.
    Firewall disabled to verify a clean connection.
    mf2112 said:

You may want to copy the 1.3 folder somewhere else if you would like to try it again in the future. Also, I vaguely remember seeing that error, have you tried getting the latest Beamdog client? https://beamdog.com/files/BeamDogSetup.exe

I reinstalled the BeamDog launcher and still receive the same message via the BeamDog launcher:

"Limited Connectivity: Unable to receive product updates."

Downloading the BGIIEE-Setup.exe asks me to login, the same information asked by the BeamDog launcher, and I receive:

"Verification failed for unknown reasons."

I had downloaded Siege of Dragonspear by going to the website and running the .exe provided when the game was released, so downloading via BeamDog has worked. I don't know why it doesn't any longer.

Emh... Why don't you just export your character, copy/paste it into the BG2:EE characters folder and then import it?

It crashes BG2EE when I click on the New Game if I copy my SoD character file into the BG2EE/characters directory. Once I remove the SoD character file, I can select New Game without any issues. Must be the version differences between a higher SoD version and the 1.3 BG2EE version.

At this point, I may just buy everything off Steam, as I've never run into any issues download or updating the games in my library collection.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited September 2016
    In my exerience, Beamdog support is very responsive.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    The Beamdog version stopped working for me back when I was running XP SP2 (same issue - couldn't update). I spent hours and hours trying to fix it, including working with Beamdog support but it was ultimately unfixable. As @BillyYank says, Beamdog support is responsive and I'd recommend chatting with them. If you can't fix it, Steam or GOG should still work (I solved my issue by getting the games again from GOG). I'll also say that after several years of avoiding Windows (except for my XP gaming partition in bootcamp) I'm now on Windows 10 and I'm very happy with it.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    If you bought through Beamdog, I'm pretty sure you can just ask support for a Steam key so you don't have to re-buy the game.