Skip to content

Any plans for Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition?

I know there have been tweets and such in the past hinting at Beamdogs desire to do an Enhanced Edition of PLanescape: Torment. Being a dedicated Planescape fan and a huge lover of Planescape: Torment, I'm really curious about Beamdogs plans for the game.

So, how does the future of PS:T look for Beamdog?

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I know I'd love to try it, as I've never done anything with that setting. Mostly Realms, one Eberron.

...I need to play more DDO.
  • EisenKreutzerEisenKreutzer Member Posts: 4
    Treat yourself, the game is available on GoG.com and it's possibly the best story ever told in a crpg.

As for the Planescape setting, again treat yourself! The original boxed set is available in PDF format, and most of the suplements are also available through that site. Planescape is an incredible setting. It's a surreal urban adventure setting at it's core, with the planes as a source of infinite variety, drama and adventure. Most of the books are 95% fluff, so using them with any D&D system (and other systems, my favourite to play Planescape with is Burning Wheel) is super easy.

The setting is breathing and alive, and full of mystery and bizarre stories and characters. PS:T makes it come alive in a wonderful way, and the original setting material is fantastic to read even just as fiction.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @EisenKreutzer and welcome to the forum!

You can read about opinions on future games (including the possibility of PSTEE) here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54861/all-you-wanted-to-know-about-the-next-beamdogs-project/p1