Skip to content

Hurgan Stoneblade quest

Is there a bug with this quest? I've got the dagger, had it nicked, killed Aec'Letec and he just says thanks and wonders off, no war hammer received.

Do i need to pick the dagger up again from somewhere to hand over to him?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited September 2016
    You don't get the hammer in two cases:

1) if you already have pickpocketed it from Hurgan;
    2) if an NPC reaction is from 1 to 7 (due to bad reputation, low charisma). You only get 2000 gp in this case. Higher NPC reaction (from 8 to 20) will provide you the hammer (if the point 1 is not the case).
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    weird. Somehow my rep has dropped to 10 as a result of the candle keep battle. must have caught a civilian and not noticed. Even so I get nothing, not even any money. He does still have the hammer as I pick pocketed it to make sure and then reloaded the game
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im also pretty sure you have to ask for a reward when you talks to you about retrieving the dagger, I guess when you were talking to him about retrieving the dagger you probably forgot to say: "how about some compensation?"

that would be my guess
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    I usually cannot resist the urge to pickpocket that hammer, as the gold resell value pre-Durlag's is useful, but after the tower I always have more gold than I know what to do with and the hammer itself is inferior to Ashideena for BG1.

I usually do a twofer and my larcenous CHARNAME thief pickpockets Hurgan for his hammer and Dushai for her ring of free action during my first visit to Ulgoth's beard.

I then often feel like I did a lot of work for no reward after completing Hurgan's quest and head to the bar to drown my sorrows in Lurien's Best.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Where does one find Ashideena?

/A.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @yksimalt

It's Bassilus' hammer. One area south and one area west of Beregost. Southeast corner.
    edited September 2016
    Thanks!

Question:

What makes Ashideena better than 'the Capper'?

In BG1 there are alot of giant sized foes.

/A.
    ashideena is a +2 warhammer that deals 1 extra electrical damage while the capper acts like a +4 warhammer against giants only, against anyone else, it acts like a +1 hammer

so its situational on which one is better
    edited September 2016
    Doesn't giant-sized include Ogres, Ogrillons, Half-ogres, Ogre mages (others)?

There seems to be alot of such larger creatures around in BG1.

In SoD we also have actual giants.

/A.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    Yes, it is useful for those early ogre berserker fights. But usually by the time I reach the hammer those fights are no longer tough, but of course depends on where you adventure first. It would also be good for ogre mages. But as @sarevok57 noted this is situational. For most times, Ashideena is better for the +2 and the electrical damage.

For SoD (which I have not played all the way through yet), would the +4 bonus become useful against enemies needing +3 weapons?

I can see that hammer being great for roleplaying a dwarven (or human unmodded) ranger with giants as his favored enemy.
    Aerakar said:

Yes, it is useful for those early ogre berserker fights. But usually by the time I reach the hammer those fights are no longer tough, but of course depends on where you adventure first. It would also be good for ogre mages. But as @sarevok57 noted this is situational. For most times, Ashideena is better for the +2 and the electrical damage.

For SoD (which I have not played all the way through yet), would the +4 bonus become useful against enemies needing +3 weapons?

I can see that hammer being great for roleplaying a dwarven (or human unmodded) ranger with giants as his favored enemy.

even though it says "+4" I think it still counts as a +1 weapon

• RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 167
    sarevok57 said:

im also pretty sure you have to ask for a reward when you talks to you about retrieving the dagger, I guess when you were talking to him about retrieving the dagger you probably forgot to say: "how about some compensation?"

that would be my guess

Cheers. That's possible