Skip to content

up-to-date concise guide to editing games on iPad?

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
I have just have one week to indulge myself in playing BGEE for a bit, and I started a game on iPad and was hoping to edit it. (This would be BGEE versus BGEE2 if that matters.)

From posts here that I've found via a Google search, it looks like you can download the iTunes BGEE app onto your home computer, and then open the .ipa file and edit it with GateKeeper? Or would that be EEKeeper? I'm really a bit lost with it, tbh.

Is there a concise guide somewhere that will take the reader through step-by-step how to accomplish this? The posts I see are about BGEE2, for example, and reference Shadowkeeper, etc. I would like to know how to do this for BGEE.

Thanking you in advance!

(Btw, I hope to be back in the saddle here in about 7 months when my schedule clears out a bit.)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Moved to General Discussion from Troubleshooting for the better traffic.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm pretty sure it's impossible with an up-to-date iPad. Maybe it was iOS 8 that broke the ability to edit the game?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Julius!

@Wowo, darn, oh well! I saw a post by frojas that outlined instructions but what I got when I followed them didn't match what was described. It looked very complicated anyway.

I had wanted to change Shar-Teel's weapons profs back to the way she was in the original game, i.e., with two-handed sword and two-handed weapon style. I like her best as a front line Fighter tank versus as a dualed F/T. She's fun as the latter, but swinging a great sword just seems to match her personality really well.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I haven't had a chance to look into it completely, but a "long tap" on the quick-save button allows one to email the savegame out of iOS. The remaining steps to be tested are:

• save the save to the BGEE save folder on PC
    • load the save in EEKeeper
    • modify the save and save it
    • mail that modded save back to iOS and hope that the attachment gets associated with the BGEE app

I won't be able to get to testing it anytime soon and it's entirely possible that it's already been tested elsewhere on the forums.
  • glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23