Skip to content

LOOKING FOR: Sea Tower of Balduran Project Dev. Info.

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
I have been looking for any development information on this project (I might put up a bounty reward if this gets really stayed). I really want this project to be completed and right now it looks pretty dead, hopefully we can change that together:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/24573-free-space-inside-the-baldurs-gate/

"Miloch: I was stuck in my car for a couple hours the other day, waiting in a massive traffic jam, so I decided to occupy myself with sketching what might be in this tower. I had only a crappy pen and the back of some insurance papers to work with, so this isn't supposed to be high art or anything - just a rough draft to give a rough idea of possible interior layouts.

I also wrote up some accompanying text as to the potential inhabitants:

The Seatower of Balduran houses 12 soldiers (L6 fighters), 10 archers (L6), 7 servants (L1 commoners), 1 blacksmith (L4 dwarf fighter), 1 mage (L12 diviner) and 1 commander (L14 inquisitor). In addition, a stalker (L9 elf) and bounty hunter (L11 halfling) operate out of the tower to apprehend prisoners.

Bailey: hosts a small chapel to Selune, housing a priest (L8 cleric) and an acolyte (L4 cleric). During the day, 2 merchants operate in the bailey, selling odds and ends to the garrison. One is a tanner - leatherworker (L3 gnome fighter/illusionist), the other a bowyer - fletcher (L3 half-elf archer). Also in the bailey is a statue of Balduran with a plaque commemorating his last voyage to Maztica. 5 of the archers and 2 soldiers are deployed on the bailey wall, mostly manning the catapults and ballistae. 2 soldiers guard the bridge to the mainland. 2 others patrol the bailey. Outside the bailey, a secret door on the southern cliff wall allows access down to the sea elf caverns.

Level 1 (entry floor): 1 soldier guards the entry to the great hall, another is nearby in the kitchen taking a meal. A cook and a scullion work in the kitchen preparing meals.

Level 2 (barracks): 3 archers and 3 soldiers are asleep in the barracks. The smith and an apprentice work in the armoury; a servant cleans the privies (garderobes in the tower wall and washbasins).

Level 3 (quarters): The diviner prepares potions and other magicks in his workroom. The commander is at work in his office reviewing maps; the bounty hunter is here receiving orders. (The bounty hunter knows of the secret door in the cliff wall but is not certain what lies beyond it.)

Level 4 (roof): 2 archers man the ballistae here and keep the beacon lit.

Dungeon 1 (cellar): 2 servants are asleep in their quarters here. A scullion is in the pantry fetching supplies for the kitchen. The storage rooms hold plenty of food, water and supplies in the event of a blockade.

Dungeon 2 (prison): 1 soldier and the stalker are on guard here. The stalker has just captured a kuo-toa scout and suspects a hidden entrance here. Only the kuo-toa knows about the entrance for certain. There are 9 cells which also host an ogre mage (captured near the docks), a wererat, a ghaunadan (just biding his time before escaping under the door in slimeform), a drow scout (the latter 4 all apprehended in the sewers), a human bandit and a human spy from Amn. The other 2 cells are empty. (Note: one could easily make this area larger with more cells and an 'interrogation' chamber.)

Dungeon 3 (caverns): In all, there are about two dozen kuo-toa here, dispersed amongst a central cavern, various sleeping caves, a temple to Blipdoolpoolp (to the east) and passages leading to the Temple of Umberlee (north) and the aquatic elf caverns (south)."

Please if you know of any information regarding as to how to get this project off the ground and completed (development information) please leave a comment (I will forward other forums to this post as well).
JuliusBorisovmarkzakuCrevsDaakMiridor

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Actually, this project is between being dormant and being revived again. There is a hidden workroom at SHS and if anyone is interested in actively developping, please drop Miloch and Yovaneth a note. The idea is definietly not dead, but it isn't a priority project for none of us, and RL always gets in the way.
    lolienAedanContemplative_Hamster
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    jastey said:

Actually, this project is between being dormant and being revived again. There is a hidden workroom at SHS and if anyone is interested in actively developping, please drop Miloch and Yovaneth a note. The idea is definietly not dead, but it isn't a priority project for none of us, and RL always gets in the way.

Okay I sent a message over to Miloch @jastey .