Skip to content

Tanners Murder bug?

NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
In the quest Tanner Murder when you confront the tanner then go to the basement, the Assassins down there seem to be able to still see you if you are hiding n shadows or using invisibility spell even with cloak on Non-Detection, I haven't come across any other Assassins that can see me nor not even mages using true sight yet for some reason these Assassins can see me even though they are aren't using True Sight or anything

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    That is normal. Like most demons and various boss enemies, the Rune Assassins have the ability to automatically see invisible creatures. This means that they completely ignore any invisibility effects.
  • NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
    I don't remember them being able to see through Non-Detection though.... Was that a bug?
    No, non-detection has no bearing on creatures that automatically see through invisibility.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Those RunenAssasins are more monsters than humans, actually. They see invisible, have some resistances/immunities and have very good attack/damage modifiers and # of attacks. Kind of like special trained mutant soldiers.
    They have high THOAC as well the hit me every attack and I have -6 armor
    edited October 2016
    @Tresset ok so I most definitely run into a bug this time in the Planar Prison I have killed both the Warden and the Master Thrall and got the key but everytime I talk to Raelis Shai she does give me the "you have non us for little time" speech and keeps on awarding me xp but not opening the portal or whatever.

I have leveled up 8 times from talking to her but I can't get out of this area, how can I fix this to complete the quest?

I validated the game chache in steam and it retrieved a file but I am still having the issue
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Are you sure you have the right key?`Also, that dialog should automatically trigger when all enemies are dead as you approach them. Make sure they are. Make sure you don't directly talk to her as well. Make sure your main character is not Deaf, shape shifted or under any other effects that prevents him/her from talking, as she wants to speak specifically to the PC IIRC.

EDIT: I recall having this bug as well, what I did was to get that EXP once and then use the cheat codes to teleport back to the inn.

You can use this command: C:MoveToArea(AR1000) This will take you to the city again. If you wanted to bring Haer'Dalis with ya, I don't think this is a good solution, maybe there is a cheat code to spawn him in after the quest is done?
    @RelSundan There's only 1 key in the entire area, at least that I've come across, sometimes it automatically triggers other times it doesn't in the end though the same issue is still there, she just keeps repeating the speech and giving me xp but no portal appears.

Is there not more to the quest I thought there was? And not bringing along Haer'Dalis isn't an issue because this is mostly a solo run.

Does this mean I'm going to have more bugged quests though?
    Not necesseraly. I can't tell what quests are bugged and not. And yes I think there is nothing more to his quest line, maybe in ToB. I don't like him so I don't play him. Otherwise go ahead and try My solution, you wont miss out on anything.
    Ok cool thanks
    I just read that the Astral Prison Warden was supposed to drop the Adjatha the Drinker +2 but he didn't, did this get removed or is this just another bug affecting me and it's fine to re-add it using the item code (I don't want to break my immersion)
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    He has adjatha in his inventory and it is droppable so you should have it, unless you killed him with the disintegrate spell (which destroy every object).
    Well I don't have any form of disintegration so must be a bug.

Also I thought that Belt of Interia was supposed to reduce all magic damage by 50% and Magic Bolt by 25% however it isn't decreasing any magic damage.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It increases your resistance, not flat damage. With 50% magic resistance, roughly half of all spells will fail when cast on you.
    @ThacoBell No, the Belt of Inertial Barrier doesn't give a 50% magic resistance bonus (Can you imagine how OP it would be if it did?). What it does is give a 50% resistance to magic damage. This means that it will protect those wearing it from half of the damage taken from spells like Magic Missile, Skull Trap, and Horrid Wilting, you know, the yellow text damage. The belt does not make you resistant to other types of damage like fire from a Fireball or cold from a Cone of Cold or electric from a Lightning Bolt.

As for why the warden didn't have the Adjatha; I am not sure what the deal is there. Cold damage overkill, Disintegration, and Petrification can all destroy loot, but I am not sure how you would have been able to do this considering you are a solo Shadowdancer... Maybe you have it and haven't identified it yet? I don't know. It honestly isn't that great a sword though...
    @Tresset oh I thought it was all damage from a magical source like spells

Yeah I had no source of any of that and nope I identify everything I come across so I definitely didn't get it, and it's a better sword the Bauldran's sword, gives immunity to charm and domination which is important for my solo character.

Pets summoned from weapons seem to have no AI, I have used Sword of Raz, Staff of Air and Staff of Fire and the sword and elementals have done nothing until I command them to. I do have party AI turned on, Ifereet from ifereet bottle and the black spider thing attack on their own.
    edited October 2016
    Tresset said:

@ThacoBell No, the Belt of Inertial Barrier doesn't give a 50% magic resistance bonus (Can you imagine how OP it would be if it did?). What it does is give a 50% resistance to magic damage. This means that it will protect those wearing it from half of the damage taken from spells like Magic Missile, Skull Trap, and Horrid Wilting, you know, the yellow text damage. The belt does not make you resistant to other types of damage like fire from a Fireball or cold from a Cone of Cold or electric from a Lightning Bolt.

As for why the warden didn't have the Adjatha; I am not sure what the deal is there. Cold damage overkill, Disintegration, and Petrification can all destroy loot, but I am not sure how you would have been able to do this considering you are a solo Shadowdancer... Maybe you have it and haven't identified it yet? I don't know. It honestly isn't that great a sword though...

Doesn't it increase your chance to resist magic damage though? I didn't mean flat magic resistance oops.
    @ThacoBell No, it basically just blocks 50% of the damage taken from "magic damage" sources (yellow text damage). There is no chance involved here. It does not, for instance, give you a 50% chance of resisting an entire Horrid Wilting spell's damage. Instead you just take half of the damage you would have taken without the belt. The "Magic Damage Resistance" stat is basically just like the other element damage resist stats. You would not expect a Cavalier, for instance, to block all damage from acid or fire sources 20% of the time. They only take 20% less damage from those sources.
    hm, okay then. Man I really misunderstood that item.
    edited October 2016
    F******* HELL another bugged quest, journal says to return to the Hidden Refuge and talk to the people after having freed them all but no-one except Neera is there -.-

Along witht the Copper Coronet free the slaves quests I already cleared the land mored ship but hendak still wants me to clear it
    Post edited by NightmareWraith on
    Ok, @NightmareWraith. First of all, what platform are you playing the game on? What build are you playing. Did you update the game mid-game, or did you make a new save after the update? Do you have any mods? Share you WeiDU log.
    Playing on steam playing a solo shadow dancer although I take NPCs until I finish the quest they are needed for like keeping Hexxat until she gives me the bag of holding, keeping Neera until freeing the wild mages from red wizard compound etc.
    I only downloaded the game with all updates already, there hasn't been anymore updates since I started playing.

Where's the WeiDU log?
    edited October 2016
    In your game directory, you should see a .txt file, just copy everything in there and paste it here.

Regarding the copper cornet quest, you have to release all the slaves by opening their cell doors and then talk to them.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @NightmareWraith: In the slave quest, there are slave children in three different areas of the ship. You may have missed one of them. You will have to talk to all of them and set them all free, only then will Hendak realize that you have done it. This is an oversight that can quite easily happen during the quest.
    @xzar_monty I have made sure I freed all the slaves there's not a single thing or person left anywhere, when I exited the ship they were dragging a slave off somewhere so i killed them and he thanked me for freeing him.

@RelSundan here's that log
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: Tales of the Deep Gardens
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPC Reactions (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira, Anomen, Haer'Dalis, Keldorn)
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~TOTDG/SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Deep Gardens to the Worldmap - suggested component. If this component can't be installed due to incompatibilities, skip it.
    edited October 2016
    Well, it doesn't seem like the problem is present here. Perhaps you could try to verify the integrity cache of the game, by right clicking the game -> Properties -> Local files, then choose the last option. If that doesn't work, I would simply assume that the save-file is corrupt.

Maybe @gate70 or @elminster can give you some insights.
    edited October 2016
    I've already verified 3 times, 1 time it retrieved a file but still having same problems.

Anyway to fix a corrupt save file? I really don't want to have to start again
    Well no, there is no way other than to restart AFAIK, but don't take my word for it. How about you go to copper cornet, and then post the savegame and I will try finishing the quest for you. Please rename the save to something else other than quicksave or autosave.

You can also just try creating a new save, then rush to the quest and see if the problem occours on that savegame as well, that way we can rule out if the problem is related to the specific savegame or the game itself.
    I'll post my save file tomorrow currently getting ready for work

And I didn't have the copper coronet issue with my druid but I did have it with the Planar Prison
    The people in the wild mage camp only appear while you have Neera in your party. This is intended behavior.