Skip to content

Damage information not showing! Help! [BG2]

Hi people!
I've been playing BG2 recently. I play in Italian. I'm currenty in ToB, at Amekthran.
"White" damage (physical damage) is not showing anymore. Cold, fire and so on is still showing. This happened out of the blue after I started Hexxat's quest for the lich. I know English is working, but I'd prefer to play in Italian much more.
I tried looking for information on the internet, but failed to find anything helpful. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Could you zip and attach an affected save please.
    Thanks
  • JesuncoloJesuncolo Member Posts: 11
    Here it is.
    Any news? Did you find anything relevant? @Gate70
    It does look as though the issue occurs at some point in ToB. If you have an earlier save without the issue could you also provide that please (as close to the issue as possible) as that will help in creating a bug report.

If you have NearInfinity set up for your BGIIEE install, you could follow these steps as a temporary workaround.

Make sure the game is closed.
    Back up your "lang/IT_IT" folder which is in your game folder (e.g.using Windows Explorer to copy and paste)

Then in NearInfinity:

Search -> Stringref
    Enter this value into the search box containing 0: 1254
    Check it has no text. If it has text, please don't do the below but advise what it contains
    Click Edit -> OK

Translate and paste this string into the right hand side. Leave AMOUNT TYPE DAMAGER and RESISTED in English:
    Takes damage from ( damage resisted)

Click the box next to Flags on the left hand side, and tick "Has Text" top left and "Has Token" 3rd row left side.

Click Save -> Overwrite -> OK
    Close the NearInfinity windows.
    Launch the game and see if it helps.
    @Gate70
    I don't have NearInfinity, I'm going to download it as soon as possible.
    The problem persists retroactively in earlier saves. I could give you any save before the problem happened, I guess, but I don't know how it could even help. I'll give you both "before the mission started" and "during the mission", where the bug occurred to give you more data.
    Thank you for your support.
    OK, will try to have a look over the weekend
    Thanks
    @Gate70
    Hi dude, I know it's been a long time since I last posted. I'm dealing with something similar right now in other savefiles: experience gain, reputation losses are not showing in this new savegame (damage is fine here though). I even switched to English to see if that could help, but the information is still not showing.
    As for Near Infinity, I don't understand how to edit the Italian dialog tlk from Near Infinity (I already backed up the game). I see I can edit the English, and I understand how, but not other languages. I might end up uninstalling and re-installing the game to see if anything is changing.
    UPDATE: Uninstalled and Re-installed. Problem fixed for now.