Skip to content

How should I play through BGEE+SoD+BP for BG2EE

I want to play all 3 of these games and then take my character to BG2EE but I also want to take the items from BGEE into BG2EE but I know that if I import my character from SoD into BP I will lose the items so should I play BP first then import that character into BGEE then import the save game to SoD finish it and then import the character to BG2EE and that way I can get the pantaloos and few of the other items into BG2EE

Comments

• Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I would say doing BP first would be best. It doesn't really matter but it is referenced at one point that BP has already happened during BGEE.
  • LokisamaLokisama Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2016
    Ok will do was kinda thinking of doing BP first as well just so i guarantee i get the pantaloos into BG2EE I actually know about the reference you talking about, Kinda weird thinking that BP happened story wise if you import the character when you have been in candlekeep for your whole life :P btw if i go over the level cap of BGEE in black pits like let say i go to level 10 in BP and use that char to start the BGEE game what happens? will my character get deleveled to 161k exp and to lv 9?
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I've honestly never played the Black Pits, but as far as I can tell, it's sort of it's own story. If I were you, I'd play through BG, SoD, BGII, and ToB, and then give the BPs a shot. That's just me though.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Likewise I've only played BP once and as far as I can see it has nothing to do with the BG storyline.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah the BP campaign is a separate story in its own right. Playing will leave you really overleveled as well.
    Lokisama said:

Ok will do was kinda thinking of doing BP first as well just so i guarantee i get the pantaloos into BG2EE I actually know about the reference you talking about, Kinda weird thinking that BP happened story wise if you import the character when you have been in candlekeep for your whole life :P btw if i go over the level cap of BGEE in black pits like let say i go to level 10 in BP and use that char to start the BGEE game what happens? will my character get deleveled to 161k exp and to lv 9?

No your character would be same level but like others have said it's really seperate from the Bhaalspawn story so probably best to use different characters.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Will there be any compatibility problem if I import a BP character to BGII ?

Will there be any compatibility problem if I import a BP character to BGII ?

No should be fine, they won't have their gear though but that goes for any character.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    There's one easter egg in BGEE that refers to the Black Pits 1. If you've played the BP, then you will understand when you see that easter egg.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You're not supposed to take your BG character to BP. It's a different story.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Thanks for the help.