Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Maybe he's not really evil, but just misunderstood :p.

The Claw is correct though - that is intended to give a flat +1 bonus to AC, rather than being linked to evil.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,442
    edited February 2019
    Woke up remembering why that was. It's the Ring of the Crusade, -2 AC vs. demons and devils. It uses the same spell I think as Ring of Purity and PfE. Tested it and they all work, but they just don't stack with each other. Need to do some final tweaking against Bel.

EDIT: well Ring of Purity is still the best option with Ring of The Crusade as it gives -1 Thac0.

Dame Vanderley Thac0 -9 vs. Belhifet (Golden Girldle -3 AC instead of Cloverleaf -1 Thac0)

12 Base (Level 9)
    9 Potion of Power (40 rounds)
    6 Champion's Strength scroll (27 rounds)
    -1 Violet Potion 14 dmg (24 hours)
    -4 Cavalier Ability 17 dmg
    -5 Specialized 19 dmg
    -6 Legacy of the Masters 21 dmg
    -7 Helm of Balduran
    -9 Medal of Valor
    -12 Twinkle 25-32 dmg (28.5 avg)
    -13 Ring of Purity +1 dmg (Chant)
    -9 Belhifet (Improved Invisibility)

Belhifet AC -20

Dame average damage per 20 attacks (29.5+29.5+29.5+29.5+29.5+29.5+29.5+29.5+29.5+59)*0.75dr = 243 dmg
    Dame average time to kill Belhifet 20*1130hp / (243dmg*4apr - 20*2hppr) = 24.2 rounds

Which is just below the duration of the Champion's Strength scroll. Belhifet has -23 Armor Class, but that's capped at -20, which I imagine will be same with many opponents in BG2 with 2.5 LoB. For once it feels good that it's capped. :)

Belhifet Thac0 -12 20-29 dmg (slashing)

Dame Vanderley AC -23 (slashing)

20 Base
    0 Invulnerability (1 hour)
    -6 Potion of Mind Focus x2 (12 hours)
    -7 Helm of Balduran
    -9 The Spirit Shield
    -11 Twinkle
    -13 Ring of Purity (vs. Evil)
    -14 Ring of the Crusade
    -18 Full Plate (modifier)
    -21 Golden Girdle (modifier)
    -23 Defensive Harmony scroll (6 rounds, casting time 1)

Belhifet average damage per 20 attacks 245 dmg, 4 apr

There's still things like Armor of Faith and Bless in Cavalier arsenal, but they're so short duration, long casting that I'm not probably going to bother with them.

So Dame is almost matching Big Bel blow for blow 243 vs 245 dmg per 20 attacks. :)
    Post edited by histamiini on
    edited February 2019
    Dame Vanderley vs. Belhifet

Tweaked the buffing little, because you can pre buff against Violet Potion dex penalty with Potions of Mind Focus.

2x PfC, PfE, PfA (12h)
    PfF (12h)
    7x Potion of Mind Focus (12h)
    Oil of Speed (1h)
    Potion of Invulnerability (1h)
    Champion's Strenght (27 rounds)
    Potion of Storm Giant Strength (2h)

First wave, 8x Potion of Heroism
    Second wave, 10x Potion of Heroism
    Third wave, 2x Potion of Heroism, 8x Potion of Power , Oil of Speed, Potion of Invulnerability

When my Champion's Strength ended I had only two enemies left in the lift, so overall the lift took about 30 rounds which is fast. In the time between used my last buffs, Champion's Strength, Violet Potion, Potion of Fortitude and Defensive Harmony for 591 hp, -23 AC and -9 Thac0 vs. Belhifet.

After escaping the dispel, I started casually hacking Bel, and he was already at injured state when I had to use the goblet first time. In the end it took about 40 rounds, so well above average, but it still wasn't close because I had 13 Durlag's Goblet left, and 24 Greater Restoration scrolls if needed.

aah5pmw6h3vn.png
    3w3axckjwhza.png
    4tqmm73yhvg9.png

I've to say I really enjoyed Cavalier run again after so long, doing spell caster runs, and dare I say it's more powerful/easier than even C/M in BG and Dragonspear? Even with 2.5 LoB. Anyway we'll see how Dame fairs in BG2 and ToB.
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Celestial Fury is absolutely insane in BG2 atm with the saving throw bug, I'm enjoying my very first Kensage I ever played atm and your Cavalier will probably have the same fun @histamiini
    edited February 2019
    @Victor_Creed_SFV That's nice, and if I remember it correctly stun is the only status effect the Ascension SCS Melissan isn't immune to. I'm very interested to see how different BG2 is now with the bug, when stuff actually works.
    edited February 2019
    I also just realized Time Stop seems to be bugged to aura cleanse without having to cast Alacrity.
    I do have Alacrity memorised, next chance I'll get I'll test if it's the same if I don't even have Alacrity.

edit: Yes, Time Stop seems completely bugged and gives the Alacrity effect, haven't tried with a char that didn't learn Alacrity, might try that later.
    Post edited by Victor_Creed_SFV on
    Mace of Disruption is instant death now -4 to the saves is brutal with the bug, I assume Wand of Paralyze is similar, but ofc one might need to lower MR first. (Bodhis first form before Spellhold seems immune to it tho, pretty sure I killed her later forms with the mace before, I most distinctly remember onehitting her in the pocket dimension)
    It's certainly painful when you get hit in the pocket dimension :*.
    Did I mention I hate lightning :s. I had another go at getting a single gnoll to kill Drizzt, but lightning once more killed him when he was near death. I couldn't be bothered to try that again, so got all the gnolls to attack Drizzt before activating him when he had 61 HPs left. He killed all but 2 of the gnolls, but then expired. Rather than try again for his XP I just carried on this time. I used virtually no consumables, so things like the Nashkel Mine and Bandit Camp took a long time - but were eventually done. With my final level not far off I went to Durlag's Tower to see how I would fare against battle horrors. I could see my chances of winning a straight fight were minimal, but on the second time of trying the fight I'd done very well to take nearly 100 HPs off one of the battle horrors while having lost a bit over half of mine. Deciding that after all the hard work I was now justified in going the consumables route I ran away from the first battle horror on the path to go and find the other - with a view to doing repeated ring of energy attacks on both of them. However, I'd forgotten the danger of that blasted lightning (remember I said I'd already lost over half my HPs ...).
    It seems Time Stop was only bugged for my Kensage, no other char could reproduce the constant Alacrity Effect, strange.
    Upon removing Time Stop from my spellbook and relearning it via EE-Keeper. (Can't buy a scroll on brynnlaw I think) it now casts normally as it should, maybe the Scroll from Ribald was bugged?
    edited February 2019
    Irenicus Dungeon was pretty funny, couldn't beat anybody, the first Fire Mephit has -11 AC so one can only hit with 20's. Dame had to rely on her single Sanctuary and careful resting to get out of there, which was enough though. Good luck for a fighter without invisibility.

Had 3.5k gold, ransacked Maevar's Guild hall and got the Nymph cloak. Went straight to Seven Vales to cause some mayhem. Charmed Amon, slept, charmed Pooky, Amon summoned Fire Elemental and Ogre, Pooky charmed Orcslicer, mayhem ensued and all got killed, except Orsclicer but he was so weak that I could waste him. Got Full Plate, Sandthief Ring and Non-Detection cloak, and 2k gold.

iwv5m31x7h79.png

I tried killing Sunai Seni in the first waylay for her 2 rounds Haste sword, but couldn't find a way. Apparently she's charm resistant in the latest SCS, and charming anyone else, is too weak to do anything. I charmed the mage, who made himself invisible, I could then lure couple enemies to him to charm, but that took ages and I got bored. Any cheese for this fight?

Anyway with the Sandthief ring and Sanctuary fetched the Belm +2. Paladin Bracers from the Keep and Battle Axe +2 from Graveyard. Made level to and got 2nd Sanctuary so I ransacked the De'Arnise Keep for FoA, Frostreaver +3 axe and 16k gold. Bought my rep to 15. Circus was easy at this point and got the second Charm offensive.

Time to pay visit in the temple sewers. Charmed Rengaard and fed him to the Kobbos. Gallchobhair and Gaius were immune to the charm, so I charmed Zorl who silenced Tarnor, so he couldn't activate and I could then charm him without anybody agroing. Fed him to the Kobbos. Slept, charmed Zorl again, who cast skeli and aerial servant, then Harm, and we all ganged on Gaius and he was dead in a second. Then the rest was an easy mobbing job. Full Plate, Full Plate +1, Throwing Axe +2, Wyverns Tail +2 among the loot, and after selling them, I currently have 24k gold.

zulz34liyayy.png

One ominous thing I noticed, when reading Zorl's Harm spell, that it Harmed 150 dmg instead to 1hp. Please say that isn't so for Cleric spells? :#
    @histamiini The 150 dmg Harm is a SCS component, you can select to either let all casters PC and enemy to only do 150 dmg or you can select either or you can select to not install the component at all, hopefully you only nerfed enemy harm?

For Sunai Seni fight the only way without Summons or AOE disable would be Rod of Resurrection, but idk if it is possible to afford it straight out of Irenicus' Dungeon, maybe by doing Circus Tent?
    edited February 2019
    @Victor_Creed_SFV I don't remember that kind of component at all? Here's my weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tougher Demogorgon ( Original Bioware Design ): 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for original Bioware NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: 1.7.2
    ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Balthazar by Cuv ( Alternate Design ): 1.7.2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix): v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v32 RC8
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v32 RC8
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Sunfire power levels: v2.5

@Grond0 It read about that she's immune to effect of Nymph Cloak or something like that. Same with Gaius in the sewers and I don't remember him being immune, hmm have to check with Near Infinity.

EDIT: yeah it seems to be the Elf resistance, which I think is wrongly displayed as "immune". So I could charm Sunai if I tried enough times.
    edited February 2019
    Suna Seni can be kited in that encounter, so isn't really a problem if you're patient. If you bought the reflection shield that sorts out the archers and you could then charm the mage and try and get the thieves to use their invisibility potions on him (he might even have glitterdust to help out). If you're less patient then I think you've got access to 3 firebreath potions which will do quite a bit of damage.
    Post edited by Grond0 on
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Suna Seni can be kited in that encounter, so isn't really a problem if you're patient. If you bought the reflection shield that sorts out the archers and you could then charm the mage and try and get the thieves to use their invisibility potions on him (he might even have glitterdust to help out). If you're less patient then I think you've got access to 3 firebreath potions which will do quite a bit of damage.
    Heh, I've forgot a lot of things, like that shield even existing.

Wow, I forgot all about the Silver Sword.
    That thing must be incredible even when LoB gets fixed saving throws, right now it is absolutely insane.
    Silver Sword/disintegrate works vs chromatic demon btw. which is pretty huge on LoB.
    Once Saving Throws get fixed you'll need Malison for it to work (his base save is 2 vs death/spell, 2 penalty from Silver Sword/Disintegrate makes it 4, but fixed loB would make it -1, 3 with Malison, 5 with doom+ Malison.)
    Right now it was pretty easy to land, only needed 12 rounds ish with only 6 attacks, but I had malsion so his save vs me was 8 with broken saves rn.
    edited February 2019
    Dame has wondered in Athkatla doing which ever things possible, and that has consisted a lot of charming and silencing, spell casters and dialogue starters. Charmed and killed Prepek and Sanasha and did the Harper hold guest. Rayic silenced and casually hacked. Maevar silenced, charmed and killed. Hit level 12 with 50k of gold.

jbiwzsiget09.png

Silenced Beastmaster and killed him, charmed Captain Haegan who is a tough sob and he was able to solo the room. Then he helped me to clean the rest of the ship and Dame then killed him.

vrrv8h5qxpp0.png

Hit 20/20 economy and bought DoEH, Vailor's Helm and bunch of PfU's. PfU still works just fine against liches, although they might cast some spells. Also noticed that they are a lot faster now and try to evade you. Killed the Bridge, Sewers and City Gates liches and went to see Kangaxx. Activated the battle under PfU, level skipped bunch of his spells and hacked him with Daystar, he turned to demilich and I started hacking him away, but quickly concluded it being impossible. Even with Oil of Speed he's too fast to catch up and when ever I did, I could only hit him with 20's because of his -19 AC, and I don't have summons yet to trap him. So the next order of things is probably to fetch the Mace of Disruption and get a lucky hit from it.
    Mace of Disruption pretty much instakills kangaxx, no lucky hit needed, his death save is by far the worst (8 on insane/bugged Lob)and the mace has a -4 penalty making it a 12.
    Also you don't even need to upgrade it since +4 is enough to hit him.
    Yeah, but the kill hit still needs almost 40 attacks on average as I can only hit him with 20's.
    Hm, thats weird, never had problems hitting him, but I play Mages with Time Stop a lot I guess.
    My kensai hit him without Time Stop but I had something like -14 Thac0 with only 2 pips in maces, cause kensai.
    edited February 2019
    Dame started chapter 3 and got the nice Amulet of Power, which Paladin can use, got to level 13 with apr bonus and a skeli summon. Sneaked the Mace of Disruption from Bodhi's lair under sanctuary, upgraded it and pwned Kangaxx with 2nd attack.

iztml7zwl391.png

With 15 Magic Resistance Dame was able to reload loot the Horn of Valhalla which was then upgraded twice, although it's still not too great of a summon. Bodhi's lair was pwned with the mace, and without single PfU, once Bodhi revelaed herself, I just waited until she left. Charmed Pai'na who got killed and I got third summon, Kithixx which is a lot better than the warrior.

Sim, warrior, Kitthix and Dame were enough for the Paladin ambush in Windspear Hills. But Ruhk was just too tough even for all of us. Used santuary to sneak to the end of the dungeon, charmed Tazok who then got killed. Got the sewer key. Conster was casually hacked after silencing him. Bought Plate of Balduran, and was again completely broke.

Mindflayer base, one by one lured and killed an assassin, fighter, fighter, archer and archer from the first party. Then got bored, hit Oil of Speed and sanctuary, quickly said hi to Alhoon and looted the warhammer and Wand of true Wonder, which was put straight to work after buying 18 Stone to Flesh scrolls.

Started xp loop with Firkraag, and it worked just fine. Except the newest version has some weird behaviour where, when ever I unpetrified him, he could cast a Melf's Acid arrow instantly killing himself. :D This happened about twice the time, before I could sleep out of the level which rebooted him, so it's not viable xp loop for no reload atm I'm afraid. :/ Anyway got 9 loops from the WoW and Dame is already at level 16.

im56kgufurik.png
    z5fcfe6pyllo.png
    edited February 2019
    Dame has had some more fun in chapter 3, collecting various items and devices. Mekrath silenced and casually hacked. Completed Paladin Stronghold. Killed Treya for her Thac0 cloak. Druids were silenced and hacked, Cernd then used insects, summons and greater werewolf form to kill Faldorn, Dame helping with Rod of Resurrection in backround. Ganged on Dao Genies in Trademeet and got another summon, Efreeti. After which I completed rest of the guest in there.

Neera helped me into the Hidden Refuge so I could get the Spell Turning shield, for defending against Imprisonment. Rasaad accompanied me to the City Gates where I then left him. Pwned everybody in the Amphitheater, getting Ring of Duplication for 3x Mirror Image per day. Did all the test in the Heretic Temple getting the Gem of Truth Seeing. 18th level and got the first HLA, a Deva. My gang then helped defending the temple, had to use almost both RoR's to survive. Undead Bridge was quite funny with Deva, who one shotted almost everybody with the saving bug.

Got the Rift Device which I wanted to smuggle out, so I left it on the floor. With no familiar to do the smuggling I commissioned the help of Roger the Fence. After buying his stock out of useful potions, I charmed him. Then slept and attacked him so that he would do the transition to the Rift Device, then charmed him again with the cloak. Dropped all my items, and picked up the Rift Device, which Roger then pickpocketed from me. Slept, attacked for another transition and again charmed Roger, and once more to get him to the Temple district. Then I thanked him for his work by killing him and picked up the Rift Device.

pz3qe33eyqby.png
    tmx69v3pr2dh.png

No need for a familiar to smuggle the Rift Device out. :)
    @histamiini I'm surprised you're having so much success using silence on mages. My experience of that is that even where SCS mages are affected they almost inevitably immediately cast vocalize. Are you actually waiting that out and using multiple silences to shut them down?
    @Grond0 Hmm, I don't remember seeing vocalize, and I've always attacked straight after the silence. Almost all silences have been against neutral mages though, maybe they don't then use vocalize, or maybe I've not found those mages yet? Going to Planar Sphere soon, so maybe Tolgerias will show this.
    @Grond0 have you seen vocalize in BG2 as well? I've seen it a lot in BG1 but don't remember seeing it a lot in 2.
    Then again I guess one just has better Thac0 in 2 and just interrupts them by immediately attacking?
    My memory is of vocalize being a pretty automatic response in BG2, yes - so I assumed that SCS was prioritizing that in spell lists. However, because of that it's not a tactic I've used much recently, so possibly things have changed in recent updates (I also play BG1 a lot more due to the nature of no-reloads ;)).
    edited February 2019
    Shadow Temple was also quite funny with Dame and Deva both wielding Mace of Distruption. Petrified Thaxll and hit him to pieces. A problem, now that also destroys bunch of his possessions including Shadow Dragon Scales, so I turned him back to flesh and then killed him with one hit. Now I also know why Firkraag gets killed after casting Melf's Acid arrow on himself. Petrifying now also drops health to 1 hp. These two changes are new in 2.5 I think?

hewrxrzyahma.png

Planar Sphere, charmed and killed Togan, Entu silenced, lured and killed, then my gang swept the rest of them. Taidela was silenced, but she did actually vocalize after, as did the mage with Tolgerias. Interestingly Tolgerias himself doesn't vocalize. Anyway all easily hacked to pieces. Couldn't get silence to work against Lavok, so my Deva pretty much soloed him with Farsight one shotting his skelis, I only joined at the end.

h8mgpvzca2cl.png
    zkl6t9u1jr8u.png

I'm having some problems with my Deva though, sometimes, not always, when I try to move him he only moves very little and then I have to command him again and again to move which is freaking annoying. And he doesn't seem to want to cast spells like blade barrier etc. Anyone know what's that about?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    @histamiini
    Good to have you back. Always insightfull stuff. Keep it up.

Best of luck to Grond0 and Victor_Creed as well. This thread is a most read for the leaned wannabies...

The problem with the deva may be the same as with the simmy clone - Semitigod posted on that one:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1049661/#Comment_1049661