Skip to content

LUNIA BUG: Can't Talk With Dorn "In Private"

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
So I've hit this bug but there doesn't seem to be a workaround - no matter where I go on the map, or who I drop from my party, I can't seem to get Dorn to continue the conversation "in private".

Any advice? @elminster, some magic words would be appreciated - it's stopped my playthrough cold. :/

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If you have the console enabled you could try and workaround as below.

C:GetGlobal("OHD_azothet_patron","GLOBAL");C:GetGlobal("OHD_urgothoz_patron","GLOBAL");C:GetGlobal("OHD_azothet_sword","GLOBAL");C:GetGlobal("OHD_urgothoz_sword","GLOBAL")

The expected state will be one of should be one of the two values below

OHD_azothet_patron 1
    OHD_urgothoz_patron does not exist
    OHD_azothet_sword does not exist
    OHD_urgothoz_sword 1
    or
    OHD_azothet_patron does not exist
    OHD_urgothoz_patron 1
    OHD_azothet_sword 1
    OHD_urgothoz_sword does not exist

For the first, temporarily switch a couple of variables
    C:SetGlobal("OHD_azothet_sword","GLOBAL",1);C:SetGlobal("OHD_urgothoz_sword","GLOBAL",0)

For the second, temporarily switch them the other way
    C:SetGlobal("OHD_azothet_sword","GLOBAL",0);C:SetGlobal("OHD_urgothoz_sword","GLOBAL",1)

Once the dialogue completes, switch them back
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Tried swapping those variables already (started with Azothet bound and Ur-Gothoz as patron, used the console to switch them) - same problem. Ended up skipping the Tree altogether.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I've met this bug too. It doesn't prevent completion of the rest of Dorn's ToB quest, but it does mean that the desecration-of-the-Tree subquest doesn't work at all in the current version.

@shawne - note that swapping patron and bound (which could have arisen from different gameplay choices) isn't the workaround proposed by @Gate70. He wants you to make patron and bound the same (which couldn't arise from gameplay).

@Gate70 - if the necessary condition for this to work is one which could never arise from gameplay, then that implies that this segment can never have been playtested at all by QA!