Skip to content

Music VS saving game

KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
edited November 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I am recently checking out old Baldur's Gate, just to remind myself its old look and gameplay.
So my concern is this one: Ingame music stops playing when I save/quicksave the game. And after that it restarts to the beggining of a track. It's quite annoying, especially that I'm kind of a person, who saves ALOT. So I'm stuck at first 10 seconds of music tracks :P
Could you make the music play during savegame screen?

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Kirkor said:

I am recently checking out old Baldur's Gate, just to remind myself its old look and gameplay.
    So my concern is this one: Ingame music stops playing when I save/quicksave the game. And after that it restarts to the beggining of a track. It's quite annoying, especially that I'm kind of a person, who saves ALOT. So I'm stuck at first 10 seconds of music tracks :P
    Could you make the music play during savegame screen?

This post reminded me of the Icewind Dale Save Game / Load Game screen music. Its sooooo driven. Its like.....

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DAH DAH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.... It's scary. It's like Walking Fricking Dead.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Great threat title! made me lol.
    Opening the menu screen in Thief was like putting a stethoscope to a tractor engine.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

This post reminded me of the Icewind Dale Save Game / Load Game screen music. Its sooooo driven. Its like.....

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DAH DAH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.... It's scary. It's like Walking Fricking Dead.

I think it was in Throne of Bhaal. The music there is fucking scary :P
    But my post is about music STOP to play, when quicksaving.
    You know, you are chilling in Beregost, listening to this nice harp music, qucksave and it suddenly stops playing -.-
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I agree that the music should stay the same while saving games. I think it should also stay the same when you exit your inventory screen in BG2, which it currently does not.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    ARKdeEREH said:

I agree that the music should stay the same while saving games. I think it should also stay the same when you exit your inventory screen in BG2, which it currently does not.

I second that. Especially restarting music when you go into your inventory. I found that REALLY annoying.

"Epic music starts! Awesome! *battle goes on*...Wait, I need to use a potion. *Opens inventory* Time to continue! *music restarts* ... *sigh*"

That sums up how I feel when it happens.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    I agree it's strange. But it's also the only way to stop the battle music when it gets a little over enthusiastic and goes on playing long after battle...

Maybe some check could be put in place to check for the end of a battle and then resume the area music from where it stopped?
    @mlnevese When the fight is over and no enemies are around, then music goes to normal again. You don't need to go to inventory screen in order to do that.
    It's just annoying, when you quicksave or go to inventory screen, and it stops and starts over again.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I asked this a while back.
    There is no save game screen anymore, so yes: it is that case that the music continues when you quicksave :)
    @ajwz thanks for info :)
    That's nice to hear.

But still there is issue with the inventory screen.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Kirkor Yeah but sometimes it does take quite some time for the game to realize it's time to go back to area music...