Skip to content

About BG2 Amber mod

MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
I don't know if you ever played that mod.

Anyway, do you know if could we find somewhere the version with ToB contents ?

I've read many discussions and i don't understand if the author of the mod dropped it or not.

Do we have a ToB version or Amber mod is considered complete with only the SoA portion ?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Oh man, I remember back in the day... no, unfortunately the writers never released what portion of the ToB mod they'd finished before they vanished which is a great pity. If they had at least put out what they had (and from progress reports it was quite a lot) or given others the permission to continue there'd be hope, but as it stands I doubt the mod will ever be truly complete.
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    I really enjoyed that mod, her SoA part is great. An interesting NPC, in my opinion.

But if i remember well, not only they did not release the ToB part, they also did not made Amber playable in ToB.
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    @Artemius_I : Do you know if Amber runs under BG2:EE?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Yes. I remember the mod being updated to v4 exclusively for BG2:EE compatibility. The mod had glitches back when I tried it though and I can't promise they're not still there.
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    It is a great mod, a pity that there is no ToB portion. Not even the chance to bring Amber in ToB, if i remember well.

A few features were awesome, like her music endless loop during dialogues. Or that whenever she wanted to talk, she walked to your charname.

The only downside is that it's not a low-level party friendly mod.

For example her quests start early and my party of 2 ( a cleric / mage and Anomen ) simply are no match for a quest related monster. A demon that has good AC, good melee damage and can do death gaze ( hold person + damage ).