Skip to content

Question about level cap

randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
I haven't play the game for a quite time, actually for ages...
So, would I be able to hit the level cap with a party of 4 members? And what about SOD?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It all depends on the level of details your playthough has.

If you're going to play with TotSC, you'll hit the level cap (161k) even with 6 members. With 4 members reaching the level cap in BGEE should be possible even without TotSC.

4 party members for SoD should be enough to reach the level cap there (500k), I think.
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2016
    JuliusBorisov, thank you!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited November 2016
    In BG1ee, if you play a fairly completionist game with a party of 6, you'll hit the xp cap about three-quarters of the way through the content. With a party of 4, you should hit the cap by about half-way.

In SoD, again playing a completionist game with a party of 6, you should hit the xp cap with your protagonist and most constant companions by about 80-90% of the way through, but (since SoD is more linear and some companions aren't available until mid-game) some later-recruited companions might just barely or not quite reach the cap by the end. With a party of 4, all should reach the cap quite easily.

Edit: do note that it's an xp cap (161k then 500k), not a level cap, so maximum level varies according to class.
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    @Gallowglass thank you. I care only about my CHARNAME to gain max exp before BGII