Skip to content

Favorite Villain/Antagonist in the Baldur's Gate Series?

2»

Comments

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490

Irenicus for *obvious* reasons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80af7iSGiIk

This. This is absolute perfection. I can just hear the audio of this playing as Irenicus blasts out the Shadow thieves in the beginning of BG2
  • VedwintheTyrantVedwintheTyrant Member Posts: 50
    I was never impressed with the BG villains. They all fit the power-mad-psychopath-with-spurious-motives stereotype without having much in the way of redeeming back story. I'm sure someone will say something about Irenicus' tortured past, but since it never really became part of the game experience it was never that important.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012
    Mortianna said:

BG1: Aec'Letec
    BG2: Kangaxx
    ToB: Demogorgon

I'd say these three are the biggest "baddies" of the series. They all had the desire to cause the devastation of Faerun (or at least a good portion of it). Shouldn't defeating them at least get you free rooms and drinks anywhere you went?

Yeah, the follow-ups to defeating them were sort of nonexistent, considering the buildup involved. Kangaxx at least gives you an item you can use for the rest of the game.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Mortianna said:

BG1: Aec'Letec
    BG2: Kangaxx
    ToB: Demogorgon

I'd say these three are the biggest "baddies" of the series. They all had the desire to cause the devastation of Faerun (or at least a good portion of it). Shouldn't defeating them at least get you free rooms and drinks anywhere you went?

Same for me.

All three fights are the hardest and the nastiest in manners of spells and proficiencies used during the fight.

Aec'Letec can turn you into ghasts/ghouls/zombies (not to mention his other abilities).
    Kangaxx can magic-jail you one time per round.
    Demogorgon is a beast.

My first victory against Aec'Letec was a great feeling of joy and relief since I had struggled a lot to gain access to him (Durlag Tower, Demon Knight, Cult members).

And yes there's a cheese with Kangaxx (protection vs undead), but yet he is still a badass encounter, espacially for new players.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

And yes there's a cheese with Kangaxx (protection vs undead), but yet he is still a badass encounter, espacially for new players.

A bit of an issue with this encounter is that imprisonment is a cheesy and disctinctly non-funny ability as well. I can heavily recommend the SCSII component "spellcasting demiliches", which changes the demilich imprisonment to allow a save (and drain levels even if the save is succesful), and in return gives them accelerated and very high-level spellcasting abilities. It turns Kangaxx into an absolute monster, but makes the fight less gimmicky.

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Anduin said:

[...] Body is someone that does not live up to her name. If your a young girl and your parents decide to call you the Body and you end up looking like Ugly Betty with even worse teeth, your gonna get upset. I blame the parents here all the way. It was just a matter of time before she lashed out. [...]

Lol, Body?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Sarevok had the armour, the voice, the legion of assassins, the Machiavellian plan to get a ton of people to murder eachother to ascend to godhood. He gets my vote.

Irenicus is awesome in his own right and more powerful but he's not as ballbustingly awesome as Sarevok.

Melissan shouldn't even be in the poll.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I liked Bodhi the most.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Irenicus pissed me off all the way through SoA!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Pfft, they were all sissies, in comparison to...

Illasera the Quick

I nearly shat myself at that battle.

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    She was quick to die indeed :P

I'm actually gonna go out and say Yaga-Shura.

I don't know if he's considered a villain or antagonist, but in my book he was bad-ass enough to tear out his own heart to gain power and immunity.

Sarevok and Irenicus can eat dirt, Faerun is mine o_O
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    One of the - if not actually THE - most badass villain ever. Probably.

Ruthless, methodic, capable, self-reliant. An intellect that leaves you wondering, and a masterplan to match. Amazing voice and looks.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Quartz said:

Pfft, they were all sissies, in comparison to...

Illasera the Quick

I nearly shat myself at that battle.

She was called "The Quick", because she dies quickly.