Mod Install Help!

bucksterbuckster Member Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi all, I'm trying to setup my BG2EE game with the following mods:

Unfinished Business
Ascension
SCS
Dungeon-be-gone

I thought with it being only 4 it should be a piece of cake but alas I seem to be really struggling when following the many instructions on this board (wot a noob lol). I think I'm getting confused between the EE & Non EE versions of the game along with the many updates from the community over the years.

Would anyone be kind to give me a step by step set of instructions to install the above 4 mods in the most stable way?

Comments

• agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    There's no real compatibility issue between any of those mods except Ascension and SCS. Both Ascension and SCS include optional components that change the battles and AI for Throne of Bhaal. You can pick one or the other or install both. Usually you would install Dungeon-Be-Gone (affects the start of BG2 only), Unfinished Business (affects Shadows of Amn), Ascension (affects Throne of Bhaal), and finally SCS (patches all original game NPCs and all mod-added NPCs installed before it).

Note that there is a new mod Skip Chateau Irenicus that has the same purpose as Dungeon-Be-Gone but is more compatibility-friendly with other mods that add content at the start of BG2.

Also be sure to use the latest Ascension (1.5) linked elsewhere in this forum, and for SCS, use SCS v30 from Gibberlings3.net but then run the BiG World Fixpack after unpacking SCS in your BG2EE game folder but before you run the setup-stratagems.exe. That will apply the latest community patches and hotfixes for it.

If you're not aware of it already, and if you are using Windows, consider using the BiG World Setup tool instead of installing your chosen mods manually.
  • bucksterbuckster Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    Thanks so much for your response agb1.

I've went down the route of using BiG World Setup in the end as SCS wouldn't install manually after the BiG World Foxpack. Even though it took a while there were no errors during installation and the game boots up fine so hopefully I can finally complete my first SCS & Ascension run through!

Cheers again for the very clear instructions.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    Glad to hear it. If you have any issues (likely!), please do report them so we can help you troubleshoot.