Skip to content

Well that didn't work-ranged staff and stealth bow mods

I installed both, and was looking forward to a run with those very nice new weapons. Went to WK first thing in chapter2, only to find some item with a staff icon and a stealth longbow description. And headgear without description and with names that suggested that something was wrong.
Did I do something wrong? Or do these mods always bite eachother? Or do I need some specific version of BG2EE?
Right now I'm not too happy, was really looking forward to using these pretties.
Oh well, back to reading books I suppose.

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2016
    What is this stealth longbow? I've never heard of it.

Googling "bg2 stealth longbow mod" points to this thread too...
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    i'll look up the correct name.
    Long bow of Stealth +5
    by CrevsDaak in 2014. It's right here on the forums.
    @GrimLefourbe
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Well, I don't know why they would overlap then sorry.
    It looks like something went wrong with your dlg.tlk . Try reinstalling maybe?
    Yeah, that would be an option. Thanks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Maybe @CrevsDaak can help here
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Maybe @CrevsDaak can help here

I'm not sure, since I doubt the mod is bad enough to cause dialog.tlk issues (I think it has issues (like bow not spawning properly/spawning too late etc) but since apparently nobody used it I never updated it).
    I'm not sure either, but the msfm-thing is doing its job now that I've uninstalled the bow.
    I also don't understand why nobody wants to use that bow. It really does make a difference.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

I'm not sure either, but the msfm-thing is doing its job now that I've uninstalled the bow.
    I also don't understand why nobody wants to use that bow. It really does make a difference.

Did you try what happens if you install it again?
    I'm not sure, maybe it's because nobody knows about it, lol.