no problems zoning or looking at the world map prior to install
graphics card driver updated
direct x updated
open AL updated
sound driver updated
Microsoft visuals updated
Baldur's Gate updated
Steam updated

installed mods (installed with no noticeable conflicts (conflicts were sorted and weeded out at appropriate place prior to install):
general:
big world fixpack (includes trimpack) [en]
big world installpack [en]
big world textpack [en]
ee keeper [en]
weidu [en]
weidu-filechanglog [en]
corrections:
jim's fixes and tweaks [en]
nightfarer's item patcher [en]
big mods:
tddz (ee-compatible installer for the darkest day [en]
the darkest day [en]
quest mods:
alternatives [en]
assassinations [en]
back to brynnlaw [en]
dong0`s quest pack [en]
dungeon crawl [en]
elistraee`s song[en]
fading promises [en]
fishing for trouble [en]
i shall never forget [en]
innershade [en]
mal des vampirismus [en]
reunion [en]
tales of the deep gardens [en]
the sellswords[en]
the white queen [en]
tower of deception [en]
mini mods:
adalonès blood silberdrachenblut [en]
lucy the wyvern [en]
the gibberlings three anniversary mod [en]
the minotaur and lilacor [en]
wheels of prophecy [en]
npcs:
adrian npc [en]
afaaq the djinni companion [en]
ajantis npc for bg2 [en]
alora npc [en]
amber npc soa [en]
angelo npc [en]
aran whitehand npc pre-release [en]
arath npc [en]
auren aseph npc [en]
branwen bg2 npc [en]
chloe npc [en]
coran npc for bg2 [en]
dace npc [en]
fade npc [en]
faren npc [en] foundling between the shades [en]
haldamir npc [en]
isra bg2 npc[en]
lylos npc tob [en]
kelsey npc [en]
keto npc soa [en]
kindrek npc [en]
kivan and deheriana companions [en]
nathaniel npc [en]
nephele npc [en]
ninde npc [en]
quayle redone [en]
rajali romance [en]
saerileth npc [en]
saradas magic 2 [en]
sarah npc [en]
sirene npc for bg2ee [en]
skie bg2 npc redone [en]
tashia remix npc [en]
the undying [en]
tiax npc [en]
tsujatha npc [en]
tyris flare npc [en]
vampire tales [en]
weimer's solaufein npc [en]
xan npc [en]
xulaye npc [en]
yasraena npc [en]
yvette romance [en]
npc related mods:
banter packs [en]
crossmod banter pack [en]
dearnise romance [en]
edwin romance [en]
haerdalis romance [en]
iep extended banters [en]
imoen friendship [en]
keldorn romance [en]
lavalygar [en]
mazzy friendship [en]
npc flirt pack [en]
npcs enhanced for everyone [en]
romantic encounters [en]
sarevok friendship [en]
sarevok romance [en]
viconia friendship [en]
wings aerie expansion for bg2ee [en]
yoshimo friendship [en]
yoshimo romance [en]
tactical encounters:
ascension [en]
azengaard tactical encounter [en] (not sure)
butchery [en]
com encounters [en]
din0's quest pack [en]
rogue rebalancing [en]
sword coast stratigems [en]
turnabout [en]
vampire tales [en]
rules and tweaks:
almaterias restoration project [en]
animal companions [en]
atweaks [en]
difficulty and tweak mod [en]
divine remix [en]
eet enhanced edition trilogy tweaks[en]
full plate and packing steel [en]
golem construction for spellcasters [en]
item revisions v4 prerelease [en]
iwdification [en]
jims fixes and tweaks [en]
klatu tweaks and fixes [en]
might and guile [en]
refinments [en]
rogue rebalancing [en]
scales of balance [en]
spell revisions v4 prerelease [en]
sword coast stratagems [en]
teleport spell [en]
tome and blood [en]
tweaks anthology prerelease [en]
stores and items:
freedom reign and reign of virtue [en]
haerdalis swords [en]
improved archer kit [en]
iwdification [en]
more style for mages [en]
pack mule[en]
song and silence [en]
stuff of the magi [en]
team bg armor pack for bg2 [en]
team bg weapon pack for bg2 [en]
thrown hammers [en]
upgradable dakkon blade [en]
vampire takes [en]
weimer`s item upgrade [en]
artificial intelligence:
ding0`s quest pack [en]
sword coast stratagems [en]
character kits:
chantelame [en]
divine remix [en]
duskblade kit [en]
eet enhanced edition trilogy tweaks[en]
eldritch magic [en]
improved archer [en]
jkits [en]
mught and guile [en]
rougue rebalancing [en]
song and slience [en]
the bear walker a werebear ranger kit [en]
tome and blood[en]
warsling sniper [en]
wizard slayer rebalancing [en]
graphic portrait and sound mods:
aran whitehand npc prerelease [en]
ascension [en]
bpbgt worldmap [en]
eet alternative gui sod [en]
lighting pack shader scripts [en]
nathaniel npc [en]
recolored toolbar buttons [en]
sentrizealès alternative avatar pack [en]
the picture standard for bg2ee [en]
thrown hammers [en]

stuff was added and removed to fix the conflicts with the mods

jimfix-v2-1 removed from install couldnt unpack properly
if someone could teach me how to manually add jimfix-v2-1 to the big world install and the wildmage17 mod that would be cool.
can i just run&install them after the big mod install or will that conflict with the big install

PROBLEMS:
1) not sure how to install jimfix-v2-1 and wildmage17 mods after the install or how to add them to the bigworldproject.
2) when i click on the world map the game crashes. also when i try to zone out of wakeens promenade the game crashes.
the forum isnt allowing me to attach this file i can email it or someone can teach me how to attach it
attached is C:\Users\maxwang\Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition\crash

Comments

• Max_WangMax_Wang Member Posts: 53
    i could zone with no issue from chateau irinicus to wakeens promenade
    seems when i zip the dmpp file it let me post it i promise there is no back door Trojan :P
    bpbgt worldmap [en] I think this mod is the problem does anyone know if there are issues using the different size map settings and a computer with a max resolution of 1024x600. I'm trying a reinstall with the smaller map size perhaps I may have to omit the mod all together. anyone have any issues with the bpbgt worldmap [en] mod?
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited December 2016
    A crash on the worldmap usually means that there is some mod that adds an icon to the worldmap that doesn't use the UTF-8 text encoding required by the Enhanced Edition engine. The classic (pre-EE) engine used a different text encoding, and not all mods have been properly updated.

This mostly affects users who install mods in a language other than English. Did you do that?

I'm not aware of any issues with the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod itself, but it's possible that one of your mods is putting correct text on the regular worldmap while putting bad text on the BP-BGT-Worldmap, because the installation process is different (mods that want to be compatible with the BP-BGT-Worldmap put some info about themselves into the Worldmap sub-folder of your game folder, and the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod looks in there when you install it to figure out which icons to place on its map and what the associated text is), and then generates a new worldmap.wmp including all of the icons from compatible mods. Conversely, when mods add icons to the regular worldmap, they modify worldmap.wmp directly (at the time when those mods are installed).

You can fairly easily determine if the issue is linked to the BP-BGT-Worldmap by copying the "worldmap.wmp" file from inside the BP-BGT-Worldmap/backup folder in your game folder and putting that WMP file into your game's override folder. Make a backup of the WMP that's already there (your current worldmap). The backup copy is the worldmap as it was just before the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod replaced it. If you can successfully view the worldmap in-game when the backup copy of worldmap.wmp is in your override folder, then you know it's an issue with something that only shows up on the BP-BGT-Worldmap.

If your crash is NOT associated with the BP-BGT-Worldmap (i.e., if you still crash when using the backup copy of worldmap.wmp in your override folder), then I suggest you follow this link and read the next several posts there; you'll find some troubleshooting tips I gave to another user with a similar problem.
    during my reinstall i came across an incident:

WARNING: file "setup-eetact2.tp2" does not exist (this is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-EETACT2.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/eetact2"). This might mean you did not extract all of the files of the mod, or it might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the version that you are using (you would see this message if the version you are using moved or renamed the tp2 file).

Do you want to try to apply other patches for this mod anyway? If a target file is different from the original file that was used to create a patch, the patch might fail completely (making no changes) or it might fail partially (making some changes) or it might succeed with "fuzz" (if all of the lines to change are still in the file, but some other lines were added in between). If partial patching occurs, the mod might fail to install or manifest other problems later. If in doubt, please visit one of the modding forums and ask for help.

[Enter Y if you want to try patching anyway, anything else to skip patching this mod.]

could this patch be causing my problems? i attached a section of the debug that happened right after i pressed y

the mods following were quest mods so it seemed in my experience-less programming head that it might be my issue. if its nothing i'll be checking all those map files after my install is done tomorrow.
    oh and i forgot to mention everything is in english
    The eetact2 patch failure is probably an outdated patch in the Fixpack. I will remove it later today.

In any case your answering "Y" did nothing here because the only patch in the Fixpack was targeting the setup-eetact2.tp2 file, which does not exist, so no changes were made to the Tactics mod by the Fixpack.
    what should i do? option:
    1. sift through all the map files until i find where the corruption starts.
    2. finding the mods that don't use UTF-8 coding and omit them.
    3. finding the mods that don't use UTF-8 coding and upgrade them to UTF-8.

option 1 sounds like it could be a can of worms it could very well be multiple mods. am i capable of upgrading mods that do not use UTF-8 to UTF-8 with little programming experience.
    will someone probably do this before i can say bobs your uncle. (he is in fact my cousin.)
    is it easiest just to identify the mods without UTF-8 coding and omit them. (i am grateful for the mods that have been generously provided for all of us to enjoy and won't cry at night if i don't have them all right now.)

give me some direction oh agb1, god of mod. thank you in advance i appreciate all the time you've spent helping me thus far as well. you are a gentleman a saint and a scholar.
    #1 - we need to pinpoint which mod (or mods) is causing your issue. There is no easy way to accomplish #2 or #3 (we'd have to look at every single mod and examine their code and .tra files and ... you get the idea -- it would take even longer than #1 and might not find the problem).

I'm guessing it's a UTF-8 issue, from past experience. But what we need to do first is find a version of worldmap.wmp that does NOT cause a crash for you, proving that it is in fact something wrong with the worldmap, and then narrow down which mods changed the worldmap until we find the one responsible.

Once we find it, we can fix it.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    If you know how to use Powershell, I have a function that can go through a directory tree and tell you what the encoding of the files is.
    @BillyYank - Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, that would not be conclusive by itself. Many mods are distributed with non-UTF8 encoded files in order to support the classic (non-EE) engine too. WeiDU includes a conversion function (HANDLE_CHARSETS) that generates UTF-8 encoded files at install time, so we would still need to review the installation code of every mod that uses non-UTF8 files.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    That's actually pretty easy in PS.

Get-ChildItem -Include *.tp2 -Recurse | Select-String HANDLE_CHARSETS

This will give you a list of all the tp2 files that have HANDLE_CHARSETS in the code somewhere. This might at least allow you to narrow down your search.
    Good idea. Sometimes the problem is more subtle, though. HANDLE_CHARSETS converts text files in a single directory. Some mods package their worldmap icon text in a separate folder, which misses the conversion.
    My heath was suffering so it took me a while to get to this point again. on the search i posted i see all the backups that i'm going to insert to find a point of error. which one is the directory i will be inserting the backups into. i couldn't find an original but unless every mod is messing up i wont need the original
    will i?
    see the one that says "rukrakia" i cannot find that mod in the big world setup. also i looked it up on google and i found a thread you made some comments in that had it in the topic. the connection i wanted to discuss is its not in English or maintained by the creator. could this be my rogue mod that's causing the issues? here is the thread
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/46565-solved-bp-bgt-worldmap-installation-trouble/page-2
    after google searching crashes to do with
    gibberling 3 aniversery
    fishing for trouble
    eilistraee song
    white queen
    innershade
    rukrakia

i found a thread indicating that fishing for trouble is the problem

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22614
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/46562-worldmap-and-megamods/

im going to do an install omitting that mod and see what happens
    ok so i have tried replacing the worldmap with all the available backups as well as leaving the override empty. each attempt to view the worldmap results in a crash.
    Did you start a new game each time? Remember the worldmap gets copied into your saved game the first time you save, and that copy is used from then on.
    yes i started a new character/new game each attempt
    OK. We can conclude that the worldmap itself is not responsible for your crashes. Therefore, next suspect would be UI mods. I noticed you have "eet alternative gui sod" in your selection listed above, but you don't appear to be running with an EET installation. That mod shouldn't actually be selectable without EET (oversight in BWS), but I don't think BWS would actually install it standalone either. Can you attach your weidu.log?
    when i was given the option for the install method. there is no option for just baldurs gate 2 ee. so i selected baldurs gate 2 ee enhanced edition trilogy. i only have baldurs gate 2 so i thought it was more appropriate than selecting baldurs gate ee. so it is showing what gui's its supposed to. the oversight might be in that there is no baldurs gate 2 ee option to select.
    the trilogy is for if you have all bg1 bg2 and the new one right?
    Yes, EET is BG1EE + SoD + BG2EE combined into one game, played using the BG2EE. You didn't install EET, according to your WeiDU log. If you put a single dash (-) for the BG1EE folder path, BWS interprets that to mean that you only want to install mods for BG2EE, without EET.

Looking at your WeiDU log, I bet some of your crashes are caused by res_fixer ... it doesn't work correctly for EE yet. Perhaps try a fresh install without that? In general, be wary of mods marked expert... most of them are marked for good reason.
    edited January 2017
    i understand what you are saying about eet
    i am unable to find res_fixer what section of big world setup is it in and i will be sure to omit it.
    are there any others that are iffy?
    before i do another install (it does take a whole day) can you take a glance at this. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63016/vampire-race
    Not sure about the vampire race. I removed res_fixer from the list for EE, which is why you don't see it now.
    vampire thing isn't game breaking and minor at that, I'll commence another install. thanks for everything so far btw.
    edited January 2017
    with the said mod omitted there is no more world-map icon when i start in the dungeon. i went through past the dungeon, and am getting the same error when trying to change area from wakeens promenade. i noticed gameplay became a bit choppy as well not sure if this is from me choosing some different setting or not, though i could live with that.
    ive excluded all red mods except some big picture tactical encounters big picture store items and quest mod tales of anegh.
    my current graphics mods:
    artport
    ascension
    bp gbt worldmap
    druid grove makeover
    isandir's portrait pack
    lefreut's enhanced ui
    lighting pack shader scripts
    portraits portraits everywhere
    recolored toolbar buttons
    the picture standard for bg2:ee
    thrown hammers

Post edited by Max_Wang on
    i dont mind reinstalling omitting mods to find out which one is causing the problems. maybe i can guess and test omitting 3-5 mods at a time starting with graphics mods then moving on to quest mods. which ones should i try cutting out. (if this is a good idea)
    I've noticed some significant lag just after exiting the SOA starting area into Waukeen's, but it goes away after a couple of NPCs approach and start dialogue. I haven't investigated yet, but I think that's an unrelated problem.

Since you installed lefreut's UI, I believe you need to right-click on the map icon (compass) on the upper left of the UI (second button below the green FPS display in your screenshot) to open the world map. See if that crashes too?
    yeh that's doing the same crash/error