Skip to content

game crashes when i click on world map and when i try an area transition

2»

Comments

• agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    I have a local install with ascension and artaport and lefreut's UI and recolored buttons and lighting/shaders pack and bp-bgt-worldmap installed - no crash. But I picked a lot of other mods different from yours. I'm really just guessing at this point -- I don't know of any scripts that run when you open the worldmap, so I think the crash must be related to the game trying to display something that is invalid / corrupted. That seems to points to -- bad text (but that would be solved by removing/replacing the worldmap.wmp file) or bad UI -- but I don't see anything suspicious there. So unfortunately I don't have a better suggestion than your idea ... except, instead of doing a complete install from scratch, you could try manually running the setup-modname.exe programs one by one, starting from the bottom of your weidu.log, and uninstalling each mod... and test with a new game after uninstalling each mod to see if/when it starts working again.
  • Max_WangMax_Wang Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2017
    ok i'll start by omitting all the graphics mods, if they are all clear i'll omit half the quest mods, then the other half i will omit sword coast strategisms because it will shorten the installs by half. im not sure how the modname.exe thing works and in the end my way might be longer but i know how to do it
    itt might be faster if i try the opposite. only quest mods and graphics then eliminate a few at a time
    edited January 2017
    i have isolated the problem mod: bpbgt worldmap [en]
    first i tried opening the world map up with nothing installed just to make sure it was a mod
    i tried installing it by its self on the large and huge settings both times it crashed
    i tried installing all the graphics mods except for bpbgt worldmap [en] and it worked
    im going to do a full install without it. if you want to keep troubleshooting with me for the sake of fixing whatever's wrong im down. if you got more important bugs and what not to work out then ill let you know hopefully that this next install works and you can get back to more important stuff. this mod i can use or not use.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for narrowing it down. I realized there might be another key difference - I didn't try installing BP-BGT-Worldmap without EET. I will try that and see if I can reproduce the crash. ... And no, that didn't do it either. This is very strange. . .
    edited January 2017
    O.o i thought for sure it was going to be related with the mod trying to superimpose areas from the other games. i wonder if it has something to do with my computer only being able to handle only so high a resolution. im not too knowledgeable in programming though. im halfway done the new install, lets hope its isolated to one mod... ...finished install... ...isolated to BP-BGT-Worldmap. minsc and boo stand ready! i need to do a playthrough i'm going threw bg2 withdraw. :smiley:
    Post edited by Max_Wang on
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Resurrecting this extremely useful topic.
    Got the same problem as OP - in EET game crashes when I click on world map or try an area transition. The only solution - uninstall of bpbgt worldmap [en].

Now, everything is fine (with "bpbgt worldmap") on a normal (though a bit old) desktop with Win 7 x64, but ASUS Eee PC Touch (T101MT) with Win 7 x32 can not handle that mod (which is a pity since some mega-mods depend on it).
    Do not know what the real problem is, but here you are - with any problem on a weak computer this is one mod you might want to remove.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Mirandel said:

Resurrecting this extremely useful topic.
    Got the same problem as OP - in EET game crashes when I click on world map or try an area transition. The only solution - uninstall of bpbgt worldmap [en].

Now, everything is fine (with "bpbgt worldmap") on a normal (though a bit old) desktop with Win 7 x64, but ASUS Eee PC Touch (T101MT) with Win 7 x32 can not handle that mod (which is a pity since some mega-mods depend on it).
    Do not know what the real problem is, but here you are - with any problem on a weak computer this is one mod you might want to remove.

I had the same problem with my graphic card choking on the way the game tries to load the large map until I found this solution on Spellhold:
    In my case it helped to use the PVRZ patch for the large mos file of worldmap. I'm not sure if it's part of a BWS EET intstall or not. Since Spellhold is down, where I got it from, I post my copy here.

If I remember well, it can be installed in a running game as well. In case you need to re-install the worldmap mod, the patch is to be done after that mod install.
    Never again had any problems afterwards.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited September 2017
    Many thanks! I'll try it out!

Update - it did work! At least for now everything is fine. Thank you again!
    Post edited by Mirandel on